Fix a corrupted SD card

Lola

Reaction score
Country
United States
Dash Cam
Mobius, A119
I found this on YouTube :
by accident, when searching for something else.

Their are several posts on fixing a corrupted/failed SD card. However I don't have any that are corrupted.
If you do, this is probably a good solution, at least it's worth a try!

If you try it write back on your results.

I found this on YouTube :
by accident, when searching for something else.

Their are several posts on fixing a corrupted/failed SD card. However I don't have any that are corrupted.
If you do, this is probably a good solution, at least it's worth a try!

If you try it write back on your results.
I watched the video; all he does is to show how to use Windows command line and the diskpart command to delete the partition, recreate the partition table and then format the drive.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk

I watched the video; all he does is to show how to use Windows command line and the diskpart command to delete the partition, recreate the partition table and then format the drive.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk
What is your point, I know what they are (He) doing. It fixed his card! There are several other videos along the same lines.

What is your point, I know what they are (He) doing. It fixed his card! There are several other videos along the same lines.

It does look like if you have a corrupt partition table, this will work. When it comes to actual damaged sectors on the SD card, this won't help as evidence by the comments where people were getting cyclic redundancy errors.

Back