Fix invalid SN "language adaptation error" - pink screen

ddr

Reaction score
Country
Poland
For fix this is only one way (╯︵╰,).
For people from europe: people who are interested send camera to me for repair please write to my e-mail dwro(dot)ddr(at)gmail(dot)com. Repair cost 50 PLN, shipping outside my country around 20 PLN.

This solution works with all yi dash models.
Connect to UART port on mainboard. Remember to connect GND too.
U0euTqt.jpg

If you're using arduino as adapter then short RESET to GND for bypass uC and connect RX -> UART RX, TX -> UART TX. If USB UART adapter then connect RX -> UART TX, TX -> UART RX.
pvgV0rL.jpg

Chinese arduino with CH340T and etc. (not atmega8 programmer) probably won't work as adapter.
Connect to adapter using putty with baud rate 115200. I'm using linux and for me device is listed as /dev/ttyACM0.
kL3dtB8.jpg

If no error then adapter connected succesfully. Plug power cable and you will see booting messages.
JdboR8f.jpg

Type "netcar sn yourserialnumber" (command with small letters, serial number with big letters) and press enter.
qwnksxN.jpg

And voilea.
oBSW8IH.jpg

Problem solved.

Last edited:
Far more that I understand but if it fixes the cams then that's wonderful.

Thank you for joining DCT and sharing this with us @ddr :D

If you're using arduino as adapter then short RESET to GND for bypass uC and connect RX -> UART RX, TX -> UART TX. If USB UART adapter then connect RX -> UART TX, TX -> UART RX.
Chinese arduino with CH340T and etc. (not atmega8 programmer) probably won't work as adapter.
Connect to adapter using putty with baud rate 115200. I'm using linux and for me device is listed as /dev/ttyACM0.
If no error then adapter connected succesfully. Plug power cable and you will see booting messages.
Type "netcar sn yourserialnumber" and press enter.And voilea.

Problem solved <( ̄︶ ̄)>.

Poland strong ᕙ(⇀‸↼‶)ᕗ.

nice work :)

@ddr Sprawdź wiadomości - bo potrzebuję Twojej pomocy - ucegliłem kamerkę. /Check PM.

U0euTqt.jpg

pvgV0rL.jpg

kL3dtB8.jpg

JdboR8f.jpg

Type "netcar sn yourserialnumber" and press enter.
qwnksxN.jpg

And voilea.
oBSW8IH.jpg

Poland strong ᕙ(⇀‸↼‶)ᕗ.

I used this method with a raspberry pi..Thanks for sharing a guide..I used the command PStore format and the thing was back to normal again..

is their a simple solution than this? looks like my SN is broken after English mode. So upon flashing CN or US version the error in pink.
By the way my serial is CA21WACNCR1626..

Far more that I understand but if it fixes the cams then that's wonderful.

Thank you for joining DCT and sharing this with us @ddr :D

Are you able to find another solution? have you resolved the error? I have the same issue.

Guys, good news!

All is not lost. I got the SN error after upgrading to Korean guy's firmware. His firmware did not upgrade my CN set to US set successfully... but it did managed to change my SN from "CN" to "US". All I did was the use the emergency aid firmware from US XiaoYi site.

Now my chinese set is running with english UI now!

Hi,
I am new to all of this, can you please explain me a couple of things:
1. how do you connect the RESET to GND?
2. How do you connect the wires at all?? there is no connector at the cam.. do you weld it??

U0euTqt.jpg

pvgV0rL.jpg

kL3dtB8.jpg

JdboR8f.jpg

Type "netcar sn yourserialnumber" and press enter.
qwnksxN.jpg

And voilea.
oBSW8IH.jpg

Poland strong ᕙ(⇀‸↼‶)ᕗ.

Do you try to visit official Yitechnology website and follow the instructions step-by-step how to change your firmware from CN to US?

Hi,
I am new to all of this, can you please explain me a couple of things:
1. how do you connect the RESET to GND?
2. How do you connect the wires at all?? there is no connector at the cam.. do you weld it??
Are you even using an atmel arduino?
Yes you need to solder the wires onto the pcb

Are you even using an atmel arduino?
Yes you need to solder the wires onto the pcb

I am not using arduino.
I am planing to use a USB to TTL, something like in the attached picture

Attachments

• 18953534_10211202045861688_1287756363529112380_o.jpg
    18953534_10211202045861688_1287756363529112380_o.jpg
    78.4 KB · Views: 19
Be careful to use one which supplies 3.3V and not 5V, with 5V you will kill your camera

I am not using arduino.
I am planing to use a USB to TTL, something like in the attached picture
Can you explain what is that,and what are you gonna do with that?For us who dont know?

Sent from my CUBOT MAX using Tapatalk

Can you explain what is that,and what are you gonna do with that?For us who dont know?

He needs to access the Novatek shell to fix a Firmware region issue.
To gain access to the shell you have to solder a uart adapter onto the board (usb/serial converter)

I have just only ordered it, so I still not exactly sure. But the plan is to follow ddr's instructions in order to connect the cam to the pc and set the SN.

He needs to access the Novatek shell to fix a Firmware region issue.
To gain access to the shell you have to solder a uart adapter onto the board (usb/serial converter)
Seems too hard,for me anyway,I dont know too much about electronics or engineering.I just returned it back to seller in the first place,not trying to flash it.

Better cancel that order. It very likely only supports 5 volts since I don't see any active chips at all (and usb is 5v)

This one looks good (if you want to get it from china): https://www.ebay.com/itm/310511987503

Back