Fixing to buy DR900S-2CH, but...

Are there any rumors of a DR900S replacement for 2019?
The only new BV camera that I've read about is the 750x. But, it's not a replacement for the 900 at this time. Still records in 1080p/60fps. It's new housing design is much larger and looks to have much better passive cooling since it now houses it's on wifi hotspot "router". It's locked to Verizon for the US at this time. Since BV has addressed the heating issue with a new firmware release for the 900 I say give it a shot.

Thanks. OK then, it looks like the GoPro's days (or maybe hours) are numbered... :)
Update: To be delivered by Nov 29.

Last edited:
I wonder what Verizon will charge for service?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I find a phone useful under those circumstances.:D

How difficult would be to unlock it from Verizon?

Should I wait for LTE or just get a 900?

Should I wait for LTE or just get a 900?

Depends on where you're located. I'd wait a while for the next gen 4k blackvue releases if they decide to tackle the 4k camera again. If you're set on blackvue, I'd wait for the 750x and see how there lte performs if you want the cloud features. Or if you're not stuck on blackvue you can take a look at street guardian. I have both, the dr750s 2 channel kit and the sg9663dc. I prefer the street guardian camera because of it's quality and reliability. I'm not saying blackvue isn't reliable, but there are a number of overheating issues with the 900. Their recent firmware update seems to have increased the temp cutoff threshold, but at what sacrifice? Are the internals ready to hold up to the extra heat generated by 4k? Will it fail prematurely because of the increased cutoff threshold? I'm not willing to spend my cash to be a beta tester for blackvue. Later on if they come up with a nice stable 4k camera I'd buy one. It's up to you though.

Do you think a used 750 is a better value at this point? That does cloud stuff via WiFi right?

I've never purchased a used dash camera before so I can't say if it's a safe buy. When buying new, you get some sort of warranty with the camera.

Yes, the cloud features only work with a wifi hotspot. So, if your car isn't equiped with a built in hotspot you're going to have to purchase a hotspot separately or don't use the cloud features at all. I used the cloud features as my car has a dedicated hotspot that I leave in the car I purchased through my cell phone provider.

And has better low light performance than the 900

There is WiFi at work and home which is where it will be 90% of the time.

Back