Flashed wrong firmware. Duh!

AlexPTY

Reaction score
Country
Thailand
Dash Cam
A119
yes, yes, stupid me, flashed 119S 4.0 firmware on 119. Now stuck in viofo logo on the screen.

tried to flash bootloader for 119, not working
tried flash 119 v4, not working
tried renaming 119.bin to 119S.bin, not working
hard reset and flash, not working

any ideas? Thank you

how did you install the wrong version to begin with, did you rename the file?

just downloaded firmware for 119S and flashed on 119. it took it rebooted with the logo on the screen..

A119S firmware won't load on an A119 unless it had been renamed, they have different bootloaders for that reason

disconnect power, press and hold the reset button for 5 seconds, then try booting up with the correct firmware on the card

A119S firmware won't load on an A119 unless it had been renamed, they have different bootloaders for that reason

disconnect power, press and hold the reset button for 5 seconds, then try booting up with the correct firmware on the card

tried that many times. same thing... rec light on, VIOFO logo on the screen

I didn't rename the bin file. it flashed 119S on 119, i am pretty sure about it

where did you download the firmwares from?
i thought i have 119S

the only way that could attempt to load is if you had already updated the bootloader to the A119S bootloader, the camera will just ignore the file otherwise

the only way that could attempt to load is if you had already updated the bootloader to the A119S bootloader, the camera will just ignore the file otherwise

i swear the God, i was using camera for 2 years. all i did is download A119S V4.0 Firmware, i still have this bin on my download folder timestamped, formatted SD, connected camera to PC, save that file on SD card, disconnected USB, connected again, it start flashing, then rebooted

if it's an old A119 there was some bootloader update needed from memory, one of the regulars like @OCD Tronic or @CaptureYourAction might have more info on that, have seen it mentioned before

these are hard to kill but it will be a matter of working out what you have and getting the right version on there to get it going again

There was a large batch of A119 awhile ago that accidentally had the A119S bootloader applied. The fix is the copy the A119 bootloader to a blank card and power up with just that. Then follow the normal A119 firmware update after that. Both should be on the viofo site.

if it's an old A119 there was some bootloader update needed from memory, one of the regulars like @OCD Tronic or @CaptureYourAction might have more info on that, have seen it mentioned before

these are hard to kill but it will be a matter of working out what you have and getting the right version on there to get it going again

it's at least 3 years old, i already flashed it before to V3.4(i think)

it's at least 3 years old, i already flashed it before to V3.4(i think)

I don’t see how it would have been possible to load the A119S firmware by mistake then.

I’ve seen several cameras get stuck at the viofo logo before 2’ish years ago. It was 50/50 if firmware fixed it. Latest production units in the last year have been much more stable.

I don’t see how it would have been possible to load the A119S firmware by mistake then.

I’ve seen several cameras get stuck at the viofo logo before 2’ish years ago. It was 50/50 if firmware fixed it. Latest production units in the last year have been much more stable.
Seriously guys, i appreciate help, that's what happened

Fiddling with is few more times... i confirm that i can re-flash my A119 with A119S firmware version 4, but it will stuck with the logo displayed on the screen.

i cannot flash neither A119 bootloader, not A119 firmware version 4. all downloaded from Viofo support page

Fiddling with is few more times... i confirm that i can re-flash my A119 with A119S firmware version 4, but it will stuck with the logo displayed on the screen.

i cannot flash neither A119 bootloader, not A119 firmware version 4. all downloaded from Viofo support page

A119V27520096

I’d send a support ticket to @viofo and ask if they know how that could be possible. (Especially when you say the firmware process of flashing lights only happens when using A119S firmware)

I’d send a support ticket to @viofo and ask if they know how that could be possible. (Especially when you say the firmware process of flashing lights only happens when using A119S firmware)
thank you, that's correct, it's flashing and rebooting after upgrade

Back