Flashed wrong firmware. Duh!

does anyone have LDBA119.bin file? other than one from support page, just want to make sure the one i am downloading from support page is not corrupted.

I would rather trust the file from VIOFO website :)

does anyone have LDBA119.bin file? other than one from support page, just want to make sure the one i am downloading from support page is not corrupted.
The file will need to be renamed to load, I'm not at my computer right now, will post back later

Ah yes I forgot about the renaming of the bootloader
I don’t have the details handy. I have a text file on a special microSD card at the office though. There is a thread about it on here too somewhere.

Ah yes I forgot about the renaming of the bootloader
I don’t have the details handy. I have a text file on a special microSD card at the office though. There is a thread about it on here too somewhere.
Really? This might be my problem, i just follow instructions from support page and use this file as it is

Rename the A119 boot loader file "LDA119S.bin"
Power up with just that file alone
Delete it and copy over the regular A119 firmware bin and try again.

I found the old thread by searching the forum for LDA119S.bin

Rename the A119 boot loader file "LDA119S.bin"
Power up with just that file alone
Delete it and copy over the regular A119 firmware bin and try again.

I found the old thread by searching the forum for LDA119S.bin

Yes, renamed bootloader and it flashed, then tried to flash v4, not working. Flashed V3.4 with no problem rebooted and recording. Flashed V4 it didn't go but suddenly lost power completely. Have no lights at all. tried different chargers and cables. came problem, it will not turn on

Last edited:
Tried both. It's a brick. However my pc is trying to connect device as a USB. I think I am on the market for new dashcam, something without screen. I have few old ones and screen getting white spots on the corners, including this model. Will have to install my old papago S30 for upcoming trip. Many thanks to all of you, support here is excellent, cannot say the same about viofo website, instructions are not correct there. I probably will not buy viofo again.

You can try to download original A119 firmware, and try to upgrade, if it is not OK, try to rename it FWA119S.bin and try again.

You can try to download original A119 firmware, and try to upgrade, if it is not OK, try to rename it FWA119S.bin and try again.

Thank you, i already tried all possible combinations last night.

Many thanks for support here, i am not going to spend any more time on 2 years old camera, something was definitely wrong with original loader and FW on my camera, maybe bad batch or something. It should not be able to flash wrong firmware and it did.

Screen faded on the corners quite significantly. i live in Thailand and temperatures are scorching here. No battery and no screen is what i want now. B1W is the choice for now, i can get it for 45$ delivered from local shop, no taxes, including the filter.

Thank you all again, this was a great experience, this forum is very informative!

Back