Flashing REC LED, black unresponsive screen after 1 day.

Rauland

Reaction score
Country
Australia
Hello,

I installed an A129 plus duo recently, hardwired into the vehicle for buffered parking mode with an HK3 hardwire kit. The buffered mode works well. But after a day or so the camera becomes unresponsive to touch with a flashing REC LED light. The screen won't turn on requiring me to unplug the power cable. The cable is connected to the camera directly, not the GPS module. After the camera loses power and the LED lights turn off, connecting the power cable again the camera reboots and is responsive again until the issue repeats the next day. Is anyone else having a similar issue?

Thanks.

I have received mine almost 2 weeks ago and I haven't been able to install it yet in to my vehicle due to extra work I'm having lately. So I haven't been able to do testing of this system.
Have you tried different memory card to see if the problem persists?

Hello,

I installed an A129 plus duo recently, hardwired into the vehicle for buffered parking mode with an HK3 hardwire kit. The buffered mode works well. But after a day or so the camera becomes unresponsive to touch with a flashing REC LED light. The screen won't turn on requiring me to unplug the power cable. The cable is connected to the camera directly, not the GPS module. After the camera loses power and the LED lights turn off, connecting the power cable again the camera reboots and is responsive again until the issue repeats the next day. Is anyone else having a similar issue?

Thanks.
I’m having that exact same problem. Same camera and setup, but hooked up to a Cellink NEO battery. To me it happens about 20% of the time I return to the car with the camera in buffered parking mode. Been happening since I installed the camera about 22 days ago. I’ve been meaning to post the issue but never got around to it. Thank you Rauland for speaking up about it!

I’ve looked through the recorded videos and seems it sometimes stops functioning in parking mode. Could never find a pattern. I don’t have 2nd memory card to test, only the 256GB SanDisk Ultra A1 given to me by BlackboxMyCar with my camera order.

My camera came with same firmware version on the VIOFO website, V1.0(20200925). I tried using the firmware posted on this forum for the guy having the sound out of sync issue because I was also having that problem. I also tried reloading the V1.0(20200925) firmware from VIOFO support website.
Through all the firmware updated I have found interesting that my camera still has the 1600p and 1440p 60fps resolution options when also running the rear camera at 1080p.

I ordered my A129 plus duo directly from VIOFO last August and installed in my car using 3 wires HK3 acc hardwire kit parking mode cable last September.
This cable was used with my A129 Duo and it confirmed working good before I upgraded to A129 plus duo.
I started to have the record LED blinking issue more than 10 times since I started to use my new A129 plus duo.
When this happens all the buttons do not response or take affect when I press them.
The only way to reset it is to remove the usb power cable for about 10 seconds then plug it back again.

Firmware font camera is V1.0(20200925) and the rear camera is V1.0 (20200925)
Resolution @ 1440P60+1080P30
Parking mode Auto Event Detection enable
Parking G-sensor = High Sensitivity
Parking Motion Detection = Low Sensitivity
Wi-Fi = Off
Record Audio = Off
Samsung Pro Endurance MicroSD 128GB.

If I do not pay attention to the boot up sound or checking the recording LED when I start my car, I would not have any recording for that driving time.

Viofo, please review and help me with this issue.
Thanks!

Last edited:
It happened again this morning on my A129 plus duo around 9:10 AM.
However, this time it powered up OK, LED was not blinking at the beginning then about 2-3 minutes later it started blinking.
All buttons were not responding when pressing down as seen in the attached video.
I had to remove USB power cable to reboot it. The temperature was about 50F outside.

I believe it somehow got stuck at the parking mode.

1606155287440.png

Last edited:
I have been having this problem in buffered parking mode; the problem was gone when I used the time-lapse parking. But now, it's not recording normally.

It happened again this morning on my A129 plus duo around 9:10 AM.
However, this time it powered up OK, LED was not blinking at the beginning then about 2-3 minutes later it started blinking.
All buttons were not responding when pressing down as seen in the attached video.
I had to remove USB power cable to reboot it. The temperature was about 50F outside.

I believe it somehow got stuck at the parking mode.

View attachment 54311

I wonder if the camera's screen displays any kind of error message before it crashes and starts blinking. Maybe another camera could be used to record what happens in the display, if anything.

Hope this problem wilk be fixed soon because i order this one because of parking mode.

I'm pretty certain this crash is related to buffered parking mode now. Switched it to time lapse and it hasn't crashed in 2 days.

I'm pretty certain this crash is related to buffered parking mode now. Switched it to time lapse and it hasn't crashed in 2 days.

It’s winter now in Canada. -10*c to +10 these days. Definitely not overheating related for me.

Yeah that would be out of the ordinary with those temperatures, if it run that hot on its own parking mode should not be attempted in the first place.

I am inclined to think it is some kind of hand over issue, between parked and normal mode.
If low bitrate work i would use that instead of buffered, TBH it is the only parking mode i would use.

I am inclined to think it is some kind of hand over issue, between parked and normal mode.
I am inclined to agree, and it does seem to transcend at least a few different models. That may be bad as far as current users, but if the bug is found and worked out then one fix might work for all those. In the meantime best to use what works, low-bitrate is also my preference ;)

Phil

I’ve been further trying some troubleshooting. Tried disconnecting the rear camera to see if that helps but it didn’t.

Now I’m trying to see if it could be related to the GPS. I’m turning GPS off every time I park now. I’m going on a couple of days and buffered parking has been working fine with GPS turned off in the settings. I’m curious if anyone else that has experienced this problem can also try turning off the GPS in the settings and report back if it has helped.

Hi - New Here - but YES same problem with my 3-wk old install of the A129 Plus Duo system using a Cellink Neo battery.... hyper blinking and lockup after the camera attempts to transition from buffered parking to active upon starting the car. I have had it lockup both during the awakening process as well as randomly overnight while in parking mode itself (based upon a review of file recordings)

It's happened about once-twice a week since install.
BlackBoxMyCar says = yep, heard of that happening / just unplug it and plug it back in again
(FAIL)

After reading here.... I've changed my parking mode from buffered over to low bitrate, and doubled the size of my SD Card to 256gb
Hoping that does the trick for now.

REALLY hoping Viofo releases a FIX for this, though!

They best fix it, or I will not buy one till I see better results here. Good work guys.

it’s buffered parking that causes the crash overnight for me. Have not had an issue since i switched it over to time lapse.

A129 Pro on v2.7, still having issues with buffered parking, will have to try your suggestions.

Additionally, the dashcam's Wi-Fi has stopped working since hardwiring it with the HK3 kit.

This has been pretty much narrowed down to high heat and the camera failing to shutoff properly. I enabled viofo and they just said wait for next firmware but still haven't seen a new one fix this.

Back