Flashing screen a119v2

mookiwan

Reaction score
Country
United States
Hey all, new here. I have a new a119v2 and have a slight issue. I am replacing a crappy old dash cam with this one. I have an existing mini usb hardwire cable coming out of my headliner. When I plug the a119 in from the included cigarette usb the display screen is fine. When I plug the a119 in from the existing hardwire usb the screen flashes. Almost like looking at a screen with a slower refresh rate. I looked at the recorded video and it is fine. Thoughts? I know the logical fix is just replace the hardwire but that involves taking off the A pillar, door trim and passenger carpet, etc. I would rather not. Thanks

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Hey all, new here. I have a new a119v2 and have a slight issue. I am replacing a crappy old dash cam with this one. I have an existing mini usb hardwire cable coming out of my headliner. When I plug the a119 in from the included cigarette usb the display screen is fine. When I plug the a119 in from the existing hardwire usb the screen flashes. Almost like looking at a screen with a slower refresh rate. I looked at the recorded video and it is fine. Thoughts? I know the logical fix is just replace the hardwire but that involves taking off the A pillar, door trim and passenger carpet, etc. I would rather not. Thanks

The existing power source is poor or is not supplying enough power. The A119 requires good strong power.

The existing power source is poor or is not supplying enough power. The A119 requires good strong power.

Poor amps or poor volts? Any damage using as is before I can change it out?

Poor amps or poor volts? Any damage using as is before I can change it out?

Could be either. I wouldn’t use it. Use the included 12V cigarette charger and Viofo cable until you hardwire properly.

Back