Flashlight Review

old4570

Reaction score
Country
Australia
Dash Cam
Front: 70MAI , Ausdom A261, Mini 0826 , Rear: A118c
I have done a flashlight review on the Nitecore EA8W - If anyone loves Maglite's ? You would probably love the Nitecore .

http://old4570.com/stuff/nitecore_ea8w.html > My website
http://budgetlightforum.com/node/59546 > Budget light forum

nCq91wEmg.jpg

I have a bunch of Fenix flashlights - also pretty good. Although, MAG is finally catching up to the Chinese invasion. The new models are a little more expensive but excellent build quality.

Hmmm , yes !

Just went and took a look , interesting new product lines .

I have a bunch of Fenix flashlights - also pretty good. Although, MAG is finally catching up to the Chinese invasion. The new models are a little more expensive but excellent build quality.

I've had MAG lights but they dropped the ball when LED went mainstream so I looked elsewhere. I have like 4 or 5 Fenix LED lights and love them. My favorite one, and I have two of them, is the TK15 that uses a single 18650 battery. I also have an HL55 LED headlamp that also uses a single 18650 battery. I have about 8-10 Panasonic 18650 batteries of 3400mahr each. So, with one battery you get about the same energy as 3-4 AA batteries.

Brian

Yep ! Love the 18650 format ... Especially the single 18650 ...
I dont know how many 18650 I have , might be 50 or so ... ( Batteries )

But for some people the good old AA is the safe option .. Not many people understand the dangers of Li-ion , until something happens .
And these days many manufacturers are making AA viable again . ( Not sure I like D cells any more ) , But I sure do like AA .
My flashlight collection went north a long time ago , I have no idea how many I have ( I dont want to know ) .

Within easy reach I have the Nitecore EA8W- Jetbeam iiM Tac- Zanflare F1 - Lumintop SD4A

I carry one of the 2 AAA led Maglites when I travel. Bright enough to be usable, very small.
I bought one of the new generation 2AA Led Maglite, and it's 'OK', but don't like the multifunction 'blinking/sos/low/hight' stuff. It is bright though.

Yeah .. Not a fan off the blinky modes ...
You should look into the small twisty models , AA or AAA .. Very EDC , I have a few and they are nice .. small .. and very useful .
Jetbeam makes two that are well priced and really well made .

I carry one of the 2 AAA led Maglites when I travel. Bright enough to be usable, very small.
I bought one of the new generation 2AA Led Maglite, and it's 'OK', but don't like the multifunction 'blinking/sos/low/hight' stuff. It is bright though.
The new Mini Maglite LED flashlights (AA) actually come in two models - one "multifuction" and the other just on/off. I have one that just turns on/off but sometimes wished It had a "low" mode since the full power is like the sun :)

I have a Stream Light LED that I use for everything keep it in my night table, it finally burnt out 1 Led but just keeps going like it was new, not cheap but utterly reliable. Parts are expensive I'm told but I've never needed any!

I've had MAG lights but they dropped the ball when LED went mainstream so I looked elsewhere. I have like 4 or 5 Fenix LED lights and love them. My favorite one, and I have two of them, is the TK15 that uses a single 18650 battery. I also have an HL55 LED headlamp that also uses a single 18650 battery. I have about 8-10 Panasonic 18650 batteries of 3400mahr each. So, with one battery you get about the same energy as 3-4 AA batteries.

Brian
I still have my OLD Maglite Baton-torch, BUT with a Led replacing the bulb, just plug-in...and it has been great, before it was churning batteries like peanuts, now they last forever.
I think mine was "OEM" of sort, but something like this one
https://www.amazon.com/gp/B00FOS7DSA

Yeah , I have tried a few of those - Not so great ...
I have a 3D and a 6D ... The 3D is SSC P7 , and the 6D was modified to run a XP-G forget which XP-G ...
I have a mini mag or two , one was an incan and the other a early LED ...
The LED one was modified with a XP G or some such emitter , the other is XR-E , and I think there is a 3rd one that used very old LED inserts that draw very little power .
I dont have a stock Mag anymore

Back