Flimsy Design, how do I fix it?

Crixus

Reaction score
Country
Australia
Last edited by a moderator:
Hi Crixus,

This is the first time I have seen this problem and a lot of these cameras have been sold. Perhaps you could remove the spring and just tape the upper part so it stays vertical. Really a strange problem. I would return / ask compensation from whomever you purchased from.

Yea I could also superglue it but then I lose functionality. Ive contacted the seller for compensation... Very flimsy though the electronics are fully exposed. The two plastic stoppers are way too small so overtime when you keep flicking the head back and forth this will happen.

If I'm understanding right, those two tiny worn away bits of plastic are supposed to stop the head tilting back too far. If that's the case, you could try epoxying a small strip of plastic on the back, like this:

rguk.eu_s_stripfix.jpg

Sounds like a good idea. hmmm wonder if theres something nice on ebay I could buy that would essentially fit there and make the camera still look nice.

Seller has offered to send me a new one or $30 compensation. I've taken the $30. The product is still functioning.

Back