Flip front camera?

crowtoo

Reaction score
Country
United States
First of all, let me say, I'm the new guy here. After a couple of incidents in my 2014 Volt I decided a dash cam was now necessary. I spent many hours researching and narrowed my choices down to the BlackVue or Thinkware cams, before settling on a BlackVue DR750S-2CH. I've purchased my camera already and I'm currently planning the install. Due to electronics for the collision warning system and the lane departure warning, placing my front camera directly behind the rear view mirror is not possible. Therefore, I'm going to have to mount it along the top of the windshield on either the driver side or the passenger side.

While reading through the manual I see that there is a switch to flip the REAR camera view, if you end up mounting the camera upside down. Is there a similar setting in the latest firmware to do that with the front camera view as well? I've read that you can flip the view with the online software, but then that creates other issues like the data being upside down along the top of the image instead of along the bottom where it belongs. I also thought that I saw mention that this feature was added in one of the firmware updates, but I couldn't find confirmation of that.

I'm just trying to find out if it matters which side of my mirror that I mount the front camera, before I install it and find out my video is upside down.

Thanks!

Yes you can rotate the front camera in the camera settings.
I have both DR750S and DR900S mounted upside down in the vehicle's due to the positioning of the rear view mirror and rain sensor.

Yes you can rotate the front camera in the camera settings.
I have both DR750S and DR900S mounted upside down in the vehicle's due to the positioning of the rear view mirror and rain sensor.

Thanks for the quick reply, danlat1415!

I'm getting really antsy to get my cam installed and functional now. Now, I can nail down where exactly to mount it!

You can see the camera orientation settings at the bottom of this screenshot. This was taken just now from my camera settings.

(image removed)
You can see the camera orientation settings at the bottom of this screenshot. This was taken just now from my camera settings.

Thanks again! I was aware the rear camera could be flipped, I just wanted to verify the front one could as well.

Back