Fly 0805, Fly away! ... An unworkmanlike holder for quadcopter

kotysoft

Reaction score
Country
Hungary
Dash Cam
mini 0805, mini 0903
Hi. It's a great sunny and windy day.
The story is about an incompetent and enthusiastic Mini0805 owner (aka me) and about his brand new toy, an MJX X101 quadcopter... This is a kind of how NOT to do story :D

I have no money for expensive 3D gimbals, and DJI drone and GoPro... I have dashcam and chinese drone only. So let's craft something intresting!

001.jpg
002.jpg
003.jpg
004.jpg
005.jpg
006.jpg
007.jpg
008.jpg
009.jpg

Ok. Before you start to watch the video, I must inform you: This is my 2nd fly with this quadcopter. I learned on Cheerson CX-10 indoors for 2 days before I take off with this MJX. So if there is a level before "beginner", then I'm there. :rolleyes:

The black scenes are just cuts to remove people. BTW the battery of 0805 lasts about 15 mins.

ps.: no any dashcam or quadcopter were harmed during the flight

Last edited:
I remember those days... I started even smaller. Little tiny UDI copters that ran on a battery about the size of the one in the 0805. I tied an 808 (pre-mobius) key fob camera to it (removed it from the case, and powered it via the quad battery). It worked, but you can't watch the video without taking Dramamine first.

I say that to encourage you. If you can fly these smaller non-GPS, non-gimbal quads, when you eventually move up to the Phantom (or similar) series, you'll be an absolute pro.

Thanks for sharing the video and encouraging :) For next I'll setup my 0903 with a tiny gopro mount, and will feed it with the battery of quadcopter (2S LiPo) through an UBEC as @jokiin recommended before. Hopefully it will be lighter, smaller, less air resistance, better weight-distribution and more better-looking :)

If it works well, I'll try to find a solution to boost 0903 wifi signal to use it as FPV :)

But until accessories are not arrived I'll play more with 0805 :)

Last edited:
Back