Ford Focus '14 Hardwire Question

FCSWFL

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi everyone, first time posting.
I have had the A129 Duo since last year and have it hard wired to the passenger console fuse box. Switched fuse is connected to F85 which is radio, humidity sensor etc and the constant always on fuse is F65 luggage compartment release. I found these fuses through other ford focus forums.
When i turn the car on the camera turns on as normal and I have no issues. When i turned the car off the camera goes into parking mode (Symbol and the beep) but looking at the footage the camera shortly turns off after I leave the car.
I am running the latest custom stable mod as well.
Any suggestions? or anyone with a ford focus who have the same configuration?

Thank you!

What voltage setting are you using?

What voltage is the battery at when it cuts out?

If no voltage issue it's likely that the circuit is being switched off by the cars computer, try a different permanent power source if that's the case

What voltage setting are you using?

What voltage is the battery at when it cuts out?

If no voltage issue it's likely that the circuit is being switched off by the cars computer, try a different permanent power source if that's the case

I was on the 12.2 Voltage setting but now I have dropped that down to 11.8 to see if that makes a difference.
I'm not sure how to check the voltage of the car once the camera turns off so I'm not sure about that.

how old is the battery in the car?
I think it might be the original. I bought the car used with one previous owner and I haven't changed the battery yet.

could be related, see how you go on the lower setting but it may be time for a new battery

Alright, thanks for the help and advice.

Just a quick update, after selecting a lower voltage, I left the car switched off over night and just checked on it. As soon as i unlocked the doors and got in the camera was on and still in parking mode.
But for some reason it has not been recording since I have updated to last modified firmware (8Ur) which was a couple weeks ago. It does have a couple of clips of myself after i installed a new micro sd card (Samsung evo256GB) but nothing after i placed it in the car.. I had suspected it yesterday since the red circle was not being displayed, but the REC light was on.
I will update it once more with a newer firmware and give it a try again. I suspect it might be something i messed up in settings.

I will update once more once everything is working.

Thanks again for the help.

Back