Forgot he was towing??

Wow that looked like a blue tornado from no where.

Maybe it was actually a disguised Top Gear presenter in the little estate... those guys LOVE caravans. :D

as for the misplaced blame, obviously the lorry driver should have known that people would merge into him at the last second and instead, he should have sat still so everyone could pass him. or he should have been "defensive/offensive" and blocked the merging lane so nobody could attempt a last-minute pass like that. /s :rolleyes::p

Looks like the motor home is made of Styrofoam. :D

Judging on the price of a motorhome here, ours is made with laminated 20 dollar bills, and have thick walls. :(

On some other forums (fora??), the truck driver (dash cam vehicle) is getting the blame from some folk.
Well he was breaking the speed limit when the accident happened :eek: Good brakes though!

What reason are people giving for the truck driver being to blame?

On some other forums (fora??), the truck driver (dash cam vehicle) is getting the blame from some folk.
Using WHAT as a basis for that? o_O:confused:

Well he was breaking the speed limit when the accident happened :eek: Good brakes though!

What reason are people giving for the truck driver being to blame?
Because he couldn't see the future and avoid the accident.
He should have predicted the accident and get there 10 secs later. :D

Forgot he was a human.

Dont know if you guys can see this video on Danish tv2 news site, its about a person i am wery upset about sharing life with.

http://www.microsofttranslator.com/bv.aspx?from=&to=en&a=http://nyhederne.tv2.dk/2015-04-09-danske-kaeledyr-er-jaget-vildt-her-bliver-basse-koert-ihjel-med-vilje
I can even understand some of the Danish :D

Not a nice sight at the end though, and they didn't even stop and collect the meat for dinner making what they did totally pointless :mad:

Because he couldn't see the future and avoid the accident.
He should have predicted the accident and get there 10 secs later. :D
That is not valid since the arrows on the road clearly say that the caravan driver has to merge, the truck driver has right of way. If the truck driver had slowed then it would have made things difficult for the people trying to merge in behind him.

Using WHAT as a basis for that? o_O:confused:

Basically, that he should have slowed down!!

Also, I can't see how he was breaking the speed limit - I know it is 30 at that point (it happened only 5 miles away from me), but the speed according to his dashcam doesn't even reach 30. He was driving a 44ft artic, and just ground his way up from being stopped at a red light. How anyone can apportion ANY blame on him is beyond me.

Del

Basically, that he should have slowed down!!

Also, I can't see how he was breaking the speed limit - I know it is 30 at that point (it happened only 5 miles away from me), but the speed according to his dashcam doesn't even reach 30. He was driving a 44ft artic, and just ground his way up from being stopped at a red light. How anyone can apportion ANY blame on him is beyond me.

Del
At the time of the collision it is reading 28 mph, one second later when the speed for the previous second arrives from the gps, the digits become fuzzy and unreadable, I guess a deliberate hiding of the slightly illegal speed.

The video also looks somewhat zoomed in giving us a viewpoint some distance in front of the truck which makes it impossible to tell who is in front at the merge point. If the car was in front then it would be normal for the truck to back off and let the car through safely instead of racing up to the speed limit and beyond. The arrows do give the truck right of way but he still has to attempt to avoid an incident rather than attempt to create one.

I suspect the car was actually fully in front of the truck at the merge point, the truck collides with the front half of the caravan pushing it to the right and causing the car to spin around in front of the truck.

Silly place for a caravan to try and overtake though, I'm not keen on caravan drivers after these guys pulling in 0.3 seconds ahead of me last week, it's not like they tow them every day and know exactly how long they are:

That is not valid since the arrows on the road clearly say that the caravan driver has to merge, the truck driver has right of way. If the truck driver had slowed then it would have made things difficult for the people trying to merge in behind him.
Looks like you lost sense of humor.
Cheer up. Don't take everything seriously. My reply was a joke.

Looks to me like the video went fuzzy for a fraction of a second - probably due to a) the car almost taking off the front bumper off the truck, b) the caravan ripping off the door mirrors of the truck and c) the truck mounting the kerb - where he ended up.

If the truck driver was speeding, what speed was the car/caravan combo doing?? A lot more than the truck!!

Del

Is it true ( if I remember from Top Gear program ) that UK has the highest number of camper vans per person in the worlds ?

I'm not convinced that is true, Niko. Probably a quote form that motormouth and megapratt Clarkson who actually hates caravans.

For example, I know Hobby (German maker) sell more caravans than ALL the UK makers put together, and you don't see many Hobby's here in the UK.

Del

I'm not convinced that is true, Niko. Probably a quote form that motormouth and megapratt Clarkson who actually hates caravans.

For example, I know Hobby (German maker) sell more caravans than ALL the UK makers put together, and you don't see many Hobby's here in the UK.

Del

yeah, some time I am hypnotized by the cars presented in Top Gear, that I keep forgetting JC status as just a show-man and we can expect different "true info" from him :)

Here are some figures from 2009

Attachments

• caravans.jpg
    caravans.jpg
    29.4 KB · Views: 6
Since we don't have to register them, there is no way of knowing how many we have. I suspect we may have the most if you count all the ones which could not be used on the road. There are a huge number which are effectively small houses with a couple of wheels underneath which have wheels only because of regulations.

Q. How many caravans are there in the UK? - Over a million!

Back