Formatted microsd (16gb) card almost full?

Maurice

Reaction score
Country
Australia
I have just received my micro sd 16gb Samsung Evo, i noticed it doesn't hold much video as the card is nearly full.

Formatted on pc first, put in A118C, i had card full errors.

Got it to work finally, formatted on A11C, put in my pc showing almost full with only x10 clips.

Is there something on camera settings i need to change?

Currently have it on 3 min loops, mic off

Last edited:
I don't know, even deleting all the clips shows 11gb on the card. I know space is always reduced, but should only be reduced by a 1gb, where has the other 4gb gone?

Not sure, i can't remember where i bought it from also. I buy too many things on the net from different places. I will try and find out where i got it from.

I did a speed test, its tells me i have 14.9gb free which sounds about right and write speed is 7.29. On my mac browser it tells me i have 11gb, don't know why..

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2015-10-17 at 8.22.46 pm.png
    Screen Shot 2015-10-17 at 8.22.46 pm.png
    70.7 KB · Views: 11
If you've ever insert the card into a Windows machine, check that Ready Boost is disabled. Windows likes to check every card that gets inserted and if it's enabled, it'll try to carve out some space if the card is fast enough.

KuoH

I don't have pc, I have Mac. I disabled on Mac sdspeed.

I will check my sd

when you format in camera what time does it show top right of the LCD display?
Took photos before, during , after. I don't understand what I'm suppose to see.

7007d8087d18ad7db5187e5e20ef139b.jpg

0075b74b20674d79df7d2297554c05cc.jpg

1dfb79e4804abb23ce752202ee943809.jpg

bc11083d43a5ec03ac56e269ec9a2151.jpg

Just checked my card today, i noticed it's missing footage from when i first jumped in the car.

Why has it missed this part? I know because i avoided an idiot outside my street and can't find it on the sd, i can see files from yesterday. It's about 8mins before the 10.02am fileA118C.png

have you used something like h2testw to test the card's integrity? h2testw is windows only, but i think there's a link to a mac program with similar functionality on the h2testw page (link in my signature).

have you used something like h2testw to test the card's integrity? h2testw is windows only, but i think there's a link to a mac program with similar functionality on the h2testw page (link in my signature).
Yes I have, sd speed (Mac). All good no errors

if you copy or delete any files off the card in your Mac make sure to format the card in the camera afterward, Mac can leave hidden system files that the camera can trip up on

if you copy or delete any files off the card in your Mac make sure to format the card in the camera afterward, Mac can leave hidden system files that the camera can trip up on
Maybe that's why, I have copied some things onto my Mac. Cheers for all the responses jokiin. First dash cam I've had getting used to everything

If there is a card in the camera and the camera says "Please Insert Card", press the
two buttons on the right (Rec and Mic) simultaneously and keep them pressed for a few
seconds and while they are pressed, push the "Reset button" located on the right side of
the camera as you face the screen. Then, the problem "Please Insert Card" will disappear
and you must go to the settings and format the card once more through the camera this time.
Even if the card is high speed 32GB class 10. It will still be okay.

Let me tell you an easier way to do it when it says "Card Full". Press and hold "Menu". Then, push the "Reset" button, but, continue to hold the menu until the camera re-starts. The camera will start in menu screen. What you did is, by the time the processor of the camera wakes up to give you the "Card Full" message, it is too late. You were faster than the camera by holding down the menu button. So, the camera starts in menu screen and no more "Card Full" message. Then, while you are on menu screen, press menu again to take you to the second menu screen where the word "Format" is located. Go ahead and format the card through the camera. Put a note how to do it because this problem will be there every time you format your card through Windows 10. Until of course they come up with an update.

Last edited:
Back