Formatting 256Gb sd

MorkdeNY

Reaction score
Country
United States
I picked up a couple of 256Gb Class 10 cards. I put one in the V3 unit and clicked Format. After I confirmed, it said to wait. I was prepared to however it gave no further indication of formatting and went back to the menu. I set it to record, removed it and was able to pull video and data. Shall I assume that's all it takes? Both cards seem OK. Running under XP the card reads as FAT32 format.

Today was the first day since installing it that I viewed some of the videos. I have an after-market heads-up display on the dash. It's interesting to see it flashing in the video. I guess that the pulsing is the difference between the SG's fps and the display's pulses, though it appears steady to the eye. Audio is very good. I had the scanner on while driving and it caught every transmission clearly. Though I have the CPL filter in place, I'm still getting some glare from the right side of the windshield. I cleaned the filter and lens to see if I'd smudged it. I'll see how it goes tomorrow. So far, I'm impressed :)

It's interesting to see it flashing in the video. I guess that the pulsing is the difference between the SG's fps and the display's pulses, though it appears steady to the eye.

default setting on the AV out is PAL not NTSC, the displays these days generally auto detect but not always so worth checking, you may also get some pulsing if the cable isn't well shielded or something nearby to the AV cable is interfering

Sorry I wasn't clear, I wasn't using the AV out. I removed the card, put it in my reader and used the Registrator Viewer program. The pulsing was only evident looking at the heads-up display leds as shown in the SG's video

Sorry I wasn't clear, I wasn't using the AV out. I removed the card, put it in my reader and used the Registrator Viewer program. The pulsing was only evident looking at the heads-up display leds as shown in the SG's video

ok, if you have a HUD that will flicker in the video, no setting will change that, LED runs at a different frequency so not something that can be adjusted for, you'll see the same flicker or scrolling effect from other LED lights, LED traffic lights, LED tail lights etc

Seems like it sure would be nice to have some sort of "Done!" type confirmation after a format :)

Seems like it sure would be nice to have some sort of "Done!" type confirmation after a format :)
When it sees a large card it automatically enters the format menu and prompts you to format, once it's done formatting it automatically exits and starts recording, not sure it needs any more confirmation than that

yeah if camera start to record on its own after a format, that would prompt me to think well then everything is okay.

Maybe in the screen for starting format you could have " camera will reboot and record if format is successful " or something.
This will make what the camera do next to make more sense for people.

Back