Formatting a mini 0806 memory card on a Mac?

RavenManiac

Reaction score
Country
United States
Dash Cam
Viofo A129 Duo, mini 0806 (RIP)
Can I reliably format a mini 0806 memory card with my Mac? With my current workflow of saving files, that would be a lot easier than having to format the card in the dashcam.

BTW, I know that I need to keep the dat.txt file so the dashcam will know where it left off.

I would suggest formatting in the dashcam to ensure it will be in the correct format and record properly.

If you update to the Januari 2016 firmware there's no longer a dat.txt file on the sd card.
If you running on the 2015 firmware there's no need to keep the dat.txt file because after formatting the dsahcam will create a new one.

If you update to the Januari 2016 firmware there's no longer a dat.txt file on the sd card.
If you running on the 2015 firmware there's no need to keep the dat.txt file because after formatting the dsahcam will create a new one.

Really? Is the file now hidden? I would think they would need something to act as a counter, which is what the dat.txt file did.

the breakpoint information was set into nandflash now, together with the setting information.
we spend several monthes on the two card switching logic; there are too many possible conditions to be consider. We have to make the logic as simple as possibleto avoid further code bugs. Hope you guys can understand the huge difficulty.

Back