Formatting my Blackvue SD card

Becca19

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hello wondering if anyone can help?
I am trying to format my sd card for my Blackvue camera but am lacking a computer!

Am I able to format via my android phone or will I have to go on the hunt for a computer?

Thankyou

Welcome to the forum.

you can format it in the camera if you access it with the app, there should be a format memory card option in there.

I have tried that but when I went onto blackvue site unfortunately it's saying for the DR900X that the sd card firmware needs to be different from the camera model which mine unfortunately isnt!

Guys, the camera should be able to format SDcard even simply by pressing the side button for more than 5 seconds, then it gives you instructions for quick press for Wifi reset or another 5 seconds for SDcard format (or vice versa, not sure now exactly)

Last edited:
Is there no option for a "fast format/erase" of the SD card while it is in the camera?
Without using the app, use a button on the camera?

Does changing the time.. format the card? It does remove all the files and an internal format would be the easiest way to accomplish that.

Is there no option for a "fast format/erase" of the SD card while it is in the camera?
Without using the app, use a button on the camera?
Yes, there is. Read your manual. If you don’t have the manual, they’re all online;.

Back