Formatting SD CARD =>64GB in Windows

Couldn't find it :confused:

Anyway, this one requires no installation.

Since I don't see anywhere posted how to format 64gb sd cards to fat 32 here you go

http://www.ridgecrop.demon.co.uk/guiformat.exe

Just run it, select drive and format.

also Windows command format X: /FS:FAT32 does NOT work
RE FORMATTING FAT 32 IN WINDOWS HOW TO..........
Open Command Prompt in Administrator mode
Click Start, type in cmd (but do not hit enter yet) look up in search results
right click on cmd.exe LEFT click on Run As Administrator, (Now your in Admin CMD Prompt)
type the following commands to format this sd card in dos
1. diskpart <enter>
2. list disk <enter>
3. find your disk in the list it will be listed as a numeric digit ie: 0, 1, 2, 3, etc etc and the size by each selection. (Be Sure You Select the correct disk, if you do not you could risk loosing data on a drive you do not want to erase)
4. assuming your sd card is the second listing select "1" no quotes so to select the disk type the following, (Everything beyond this line will be an actual command except where there are parenthesis)
5. select disk 1
6. create partition primary
7. select partition 1 (This number 1 has nothing to do with the disk number in #3 and #5)
8. active
9. format fs:fat32
10. assign
11. exit
********************** END OF COMMAND EXECUTIONS ********************
Now you have just formatted your SD card as FAT-32 mind you it will take a while to complete so be patient. I have used this procedure many many times to make other types of smart media devices it is fool proof just be careful.
hope this helps
Dev

RE FORMATTING FAT 32 IN WINDOWS HOW TO..........
Open Command Prompt in Administrator mode
Click Start, type in cmd (but do not hit enter yet) look up in search results
right click on cmd.exe LEFT click on Run As Administrator, (Now your in Admin CMD Prompt)
type the following commands to format this sd card in dos
1. diskpart <enter>
2. list disk <enter>
3. find your disk in the list it will be listed as a numeric digit ie: 0, 1, 2, 3, etc etc and the size by each selection. (Be Sure You Select the correct disk, if you do not you could risk loosing data on a drive you do not want to erase)
4. assuming your sd card is the second listing select "1" no quotes so to select the disk type the following, (Everything beyond this line will be an actual command except where there are parenthesis)
5. select disk 1
6. create partition primary
7. select partition 1 (This number 1 has nothing to do with the disk number in #3 and #5)
8. active
9. format fs:fat32
10. assign
11. exit
********************** END OF COMMAND EXECUTIONS ********************
Now you have just formatted your SD card as FAT-32 mind you it will take a while to complete so be patient. I have used this procedure many many times to make other types of smart media devices it is fool proof just be careful.
hope this helps
Dev

Tried it, windows wont do it

I used the guiformat above and formatted to a single 64gb partition.

What version of windows are you using?.
Get a hold of the Panasonic SD card format tool, install it, then run it.
Select your SD card drive, then select FULL erase, with size adjust ON.
Wait for the formating to complete, maybe half hour or so.
This works for me using win XP and win 7.

Cant you just use the Mobius format tool built into the software on the 64gig cards???????
Of course you can, and it's even the recommended method :)
In addition, you can set the format parameter you want to use, FAT32 (recommended) or exFAT.
FAT32 won't work on 128GB cards and above because of a problem in the chip manufacturers codes.

What version of windows are you using?.
Get a hold of the Panasonic SD card format tool, install it, then run it.
Select your SD card drive, then select FULL erase, with size adjust ON.
Wait for the formating to complete, maybe half hour or so.
This works for me using win XP and win 7.

I am running Win7 32bit Pro / Precise Pup 5.7.1

I was talking about the FORMAT tool built into the MOBIUS Software

This is what I use and I have never had a problem

UPDATE I just got 2 of the 64 gig Sandisk micro SD cards and used the Format tool in Mobius Software Version 3.0.3.0 and it work flawless with NO problems

Last edited:
Back