FORUM FEEDBACK

Moon

Reaction score
Country
Australia
Dash Cam
(f) ViofoA119 PRO 1.32 (r) Viofo A119S V2 + A119v3
At risk of copping a backlash .. hey .. it's all Good .. or is it?

My suggestion is to Trash all Off-Topic discussion and keep the forum focussed on Dash Cams

Just putting it out there folks :eek:

I mean .. Yeah ok .. I get it .. Peeps like to share their photos of their new cute babies .. but I'm single and never had any .. so what am I supposed to get out of that ... envy? I missed all the getting up during the night, changing pooey nappies, constant crying .. you know - all the good stuff .. so .. no .. I'm not feeling deprived.

Where is the 'My Wedding Photos' Thread? or 'My Dog Had 9 Pups'
'My gorgeous little pussy Cat called Bunkins - she's my total soul mate' thread. lol

Of course there is always the option ----> Don't go there

Anyhow ... Have a nice day .. you hear :cool:

Blimey - tried to remove this thread .. It apparently wants to survive and hang around .. oh well.

Last edited:
Even dashcam topics go off-topic but they usually get back on course soon enough :p Most of the regular crowd here seems to enjoy a wider range of discussions though it's mostly cams that we are here for.

It could be worse- on another forum I frequent, one single-topic thread has 8530 posts and about 25% of them are off-topic, and those can go on for several pages before the topic sees light again :rolleyes: And I've read them all. Just go with the flow- you'll find it a lot more fun :D

Phil

What is going on with 'Alert' notifications?

I had 'Quotes your message' checked and have been receiving Alerts for 'Replies to a watched thread' Alerts coming as well.

Can the Administrator of this forum please make sure I do not receive any more of these unwanted notifications .. as I have them all unchecked. Thought I had, but apparently not. Apologies.

Thank You

Last edited:
Click on your username and select Preferences. There is an option to watch threads. Uncheck it.

Also alerts preferences. Uncheck all those as well.

Click on your username and select Preferences. There is an option to watch threads. Uncheck it.

Also alerts preferences. Uncheck all those as well.

Yes ... that is the fix ... Thank You ... it was driving me nuts .. hence the grizzle. Cheers

ps. I'll edit out most of the rant ...

Cheers .. It was almost 3.30am .. and a little past my primetime for niceness .. I should be in bed getting my zzzz's .. only due to using up all of my 25GB peak-time Internet quota watching Videos of Dash Cams to decide which one to get .. the only time that I can watch is from 2.30am when 25GB off-peak starts.
Rec'd a sms from TPG to let me know I've almost used up my Off-peak quota and will get throttled on that shortly. Another 7 days until my new billing cycle starts. Ahhh 25/25GB .. oh baby.

My 'cool' is in short supply .. so little niggles get blown up and end up major dramas. lol ... It doesn't take long to regret losing it.. which is when the heavy editing begins.

Currently I'm throttled from NBN 25/5 down to a trickle at 128 kbps .. which means it takes a minute to a minute and a half to load a page. It's an exercise in patience .. and I'll admit that I don't always succeed before steam starts coming out of my ears.. especially towards the 90 second mark .. and beyond.

Right now .. it is 10 to 1 .. and I'm wondering whether to hang out for another 1 hr 40 mins just so that I can watch some Dash Cam Videos. Hmm? Tough decisions. lol

.... end of rant ;P

Last edited:
Here's an idea?

In the 'Dash Cams Buy & Sell thread' .. how about the Country the item is being sold in being easily identified .. as in USA .. CAN .. AUS
This would cut to the chase .. rather than wasting time going through all of them.

I would only be interested in items being Sold only within Australia. Perhaps have the Countries in different colours.

The forum is pretty well laid out .. only I reckon this 'FOR SALE section could be improved
It needs more 'blocking/boxing' .. eg, ads for last 3 months to distinguish from old ads (different background wash/colour)
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
*Whoever designed the layout of this Forum deserves a lot of credit .. it is very nicely done .. with heaps of thought and detail .. fab job .. only upgrades and tweaks to keep it fresh is a good thing, imho. Ideas to improve it should be encouraged. Why not ... it's food for thought - and it comes free of charge. lol

Admin don't need to justify why suggested ideas don't get adopted .. if they are good enough .. they may be taken up .. if not .. they don't. Simple.

Last edited:
Let me look into this. First thought is rather than using a filter to define "For Sale" and "Wanted", I could set up a subforum for each.

Then I could set the filter as the country. Clicking on the filter only shows that country. Can start with a small subset of countries first:

United States
Canada
United Kingdom
Australia
Other

Not sure about the older posts being shaded out. Will need to check.

I'd drop the Country back to USA, UK etc rather than the long version .. it tends to jump out and dominate .. and if coloured, it doesn't need to do that.

Also .. I would highlight the 'SOLD' more by giving it a rectangular background (rounded corners) .. black or darker grey

Washed out rectangular coloured background for more recent posts .. to distinguish 2016 from 2017 or update it to include ads within the last say, 6 months.
People who still have their items for sale after 6 months can re-post them to show they are still current and up for sale.

Perhaps drop 'SOLD' items out of the 'Current' coloured block, as there is no need to give Sold items your prime real estate .. or older ads that are not current. Put Sold down the bottom of the page .. if you need to fill it up .. or on page 2

Of course .. these are only ideas .. so .. you know .. your call

''Not sure about the older posts being shaded out. Will need to check.''

It's not that they get shaded out .. they just don't have the background colour that the more recent ads get ... ie ads placed in the last 6 months.

As mentioned .. owners can re-post to let everyone know they are still for sale. If they don't do this .. then either the item has sold, owner is no longer interested .. doesn't visit the forum to check .. or hasn't let you know that it has sold or no longer available. It is then clogging the front page.

Last edited:
Another one

on the right side column where NEW POSTS are .. the bottom half is blank.

Rather than last 5 posts .. I'd extend that down to 10 ... or even 15.

Why? Because it acts like a Speed Dial .. rather than having to find where you left off .. or scrolling or going to the last post. It's right there .. click .. done

Oh yeah .. hadn't tried that button :D

How come I'm not getting access to the emoticons/smilies anymore? Where re they now?

Had to do it the old manual way to get Greenie above .. bit old school

The additional suggestions on the For Sale forum would require customization. Since it is not a popular sub-forum, I don't believe it is worth it to make any further enhancements.

Also I still see the smilies. Not sure why they are missing for you.

The additional suggestions on the For Sale forum would require customization. Since it is not a popular sub-forum, I don't believe it is worth it to make any further enhancements.

Also I still see the smilies. Not sure why they are missing for you.

No sign of them around the Reply box .. or anywhere on the page from what I can (or can't) see

Oh well .. maybe you will have better luck with this query (adds smilie)

After our chat yesterday about not wanting to receive constant Alerts (see above)

I received an Alert (loudish ding with flashing light) on my mobile phone sitting beside my bed. It was stamped 1.01 am .. yep .. that is night time/early morning. Lucky I just happened to be awake at the time and considering getting up and going on this forum .. which I did.

I then go check to see if somehow the boxes in Alert Preferences and Browsing Preferences have magically checked themselves after they were all unchecked .. following your advice yesterday.

Nope, they are all unchecked ... That blue 'halo' is again showing around the UNCHECKED box 'Receive an alert - When someone Replies to a watched thread.
I then click on the 'watched threads' on top

Oh.. 'Unread Watched Threads'

1. Bye Bye Birdie
2.Decent dual dashcam for under $150

NO FORUM FEEDBACK??

Which raises the question .. Why did I receive an alert? ... and for Heavens sake at 1.01am in the early morning .. local Australian time?

I have just replied to the sms

Any ideas? Better luck with this one (add smiley)

Back