FORUM FEEDBACK

My "sentence" problems are similar but I'm on FF 52.5.3- a 32 bit version, not the new one. Has to be related to the site upgrade as it wasn't happening before then and doesn't occur elsewhere. Xenoforo needs to debug this ;)

Phil

The previous iteration of Xenforo had a simple method to break a hyperlink if so desired but I notice that feature no longer exists. I just pasted a quote into a thread from another web site that turned out to have a couple of unwanted hyperlinks and found that it was a real pain to get rid of them, whereas before you could simply highlight a link and click the "broken chain" icon in the post menu to unlink a word or a phrase.

That unlink feature still exists. When you copy something with a link and paste it in the reply, click on the link and then click on the unlink button.

1.jpg

Ah, now I get it! Not quite so intuitive as before as it's in a different, unexpected place but glad to know how it works now, and that the functionality is still there. Thanks DCM!

Yes that spellcheck error, i just go one line down and that clear it up and only highlight the actual spelling errors, i then go back up ( backspace ) and keep on typing and then clear spelling errors before i press post reply.

Its just a minor thing i feel, and as you might understand i do actually mis spell things now and then, and yet other times i just nail complex words and go WTF really o_O:cool:
But for sure this spelling English for me have improved a whole lot since i got on that internet thing back in the day, CUZ back in school i was not paying attention in class cuz why the hell would i want to learn spelling when i spoke the language just fine.
My reasoning have always been quite simple ;) but i just had to pick up that writing thing wit the advent of the internet, and after all speaking the language fine do make it more easy to learn, though i can also see i often rape the grammar but i cant be bothered with such little things.
My writing in my native Danish are just as bad even the grammar, never really liked to convey my feelings and ideas in text before the internet.

Is it just me ... or is the page we are on (white) the wrong way around? I'm referring to the numbered boxes under our User names on the left.

Seems to me that the page we are on should be the highlighted coloured box ... with the others white like the background page colour.
Why not colour and therefore highlight the current page we are on ... seems the wrong way around to me ... am I going mad? lol It just looks wrong to me.

It's a Dash Camera forum - the detail matters ... right? (y)

Last edited:
Is it possible to show a member’s country/location when viewing via mobile version of this site?

Also, I tried to use the “Show Desktop Version“ of this site for both iOS Safari and iOS Chrome but the request isn’t obeyed. Mobile version continues to show no matter what which doesn’t include the location of the member. Is this something you can enable?
I also don’t seem to be able to view the full profile of someone when mobile either.

I‘m trying to quicky figure out if someone is a USA Customer or not for example. Tapatalk doesn’t show member location either but they have a open in Safari option.
Will look into this. I believe this is due to the responsive design that hides info on mobile. I will see if it can get exposed.

Thanks for adding the avatar flag overlays. When I'm in tapatalk all I need to do is "open in Safari" and I can quickly check out which country a customer is in etc.

1516759644388.png1516759651683.png1516759659618.png

Just noticed that in my latest version of firefox in my bookmarks this forum use the same icon as my bookmark for my Gmail use ( red M on white background )
Dunno if its here something is wrong, aside for updating my firefox some days ago and installing Steam and a game i have made no changes to my computer.
But the forum used to have its own unique icon as far as i can remember.

Strange about the bookmark issue. Tried bookmarking in Firefox and got the Dashcamtalk bookmark icon. Can't replicate.

On my Mac using Firefox 58.0.1, I get a bookmark icon that is the Dash Cam Talk logo. It's basically a miniture version of DashCamMan's avatar.

Unfortunately, I've had other woes with the new version of the forum. I find myself inexplicably logged off at times, particularly when I am composing a post, even if it is one that isn't taking too long to write. And sometimes I'm not always completely logged off either. Sometimes I'll suddenly get an odd message, can't reply to the thread and need to reload the page, yet discover that I actually still logged in. I've found that I need to be careful or I might lose some of the post I've been writing. At this point I repeatedly copy what I've been typing periodically so I can paste it back in if it gets lost when I discover I'm not logged in. Saving a draft doesn't always work because, despite appearances and apparent functionality I'm not actually logged in and the draft wasn't actually saved. Also, spellchecking has developed odd behaviors and poor functionality but ONLY on DCT.

Yesterday when I got logged off I took a screen shot of the message that popped up.

activeuser.jpg

Last edited:
Spellchecking is a known bug with the editor and Firefox. Should be corrected in the future. Usually if you press the enter key, spell check will work correctly.

The logging out...not sure. Thanks for providing the message will investigate.

Spellchecking is a known bug with the editor and Firefox. Should be corrected in the future. Usually if you press the enter key, spell check will work correctly.

The logging out...not sure. Thanks for providing the message will investigate.

This just happened again and it's at least the third time today. I'm posting another screen shot of the alert to show that it actually includes an X in the right hand side so you can dismiss it. Since the alert spans the entire lower portion of my screen I didn't include it last time but made a point of showing it now. This alert just pops up randomly out of nowhere, with no apparent rhyme or reason. This time I simply dismissed the alert, reloaded the page and discovered that I am still logged in. It's possible that when I go to post this reply the "not quite exactly logged in anymore" issue will manifest.

active user.png

Edit: No, the post launched without issue this time. Usually I will discover that I can't post the reply and that I've lost some of what I've typed.

I forgot about that, i also often get that " the active user,,,,,, " thing. ( maybe its a FF thing )
And often then having typed a post i cant post it before hitting F5 first.

I forgot about that, i also often get that " the active user,,,,,, " thing. ( maybe its a FF thing )
And often then having typed a post i cant post it before hitting F5 first.

Thanks, I'm glad to hear some sort of confirmation that someone else has experienced this as I've been wondering it the problem might be somthing local to my computer such as one of the browser plug-ins.

i had this since day #1 with the new forum, but i must admit either i have gotten used to it or its on the decline.
I am on the latest firefox browser, and i dont have any plug ins attached to it as far as i can remember.

i had this since day #1 with the new forum, but i must admit either i have gotten used to it or its on the decline.
I am on the latest firefox browser, and i dont have any plug ins attached to it as far as i can remember.

I'm not concerned about the different odd alerts I'm seeing with the new version of the forum, it's finding myself logged off unexpectedly that's the problem. :(

Okay i just see the MSG i haven't really noticed having to log on the forum again, will try to keep a eye out for what actually go on next time it happen.

What happen here are just a minor nuance and its over in split seconds

If you can share a screenshot of any other errors that are coming up, that will help.

Are you seeing: "Security error occurred. Please press back, refresh the page, and try again."?

Just in Firefox or in other browsers?

I use Chrome for SG and Firefox for OCD accounts. I haven't seen any DashCamTalk errors and have loads of various plugins for each browser.

Back