FORUM FEEDBACK

If you can share a screenshot of any other errors that are coming up, that will help.

Are you seeing: "Security error occurred. Please press back, refresh the page, and try again."?

Just in Firefox or in other browsers?

Yes, I've seen that security error message. Sometimes it's preceeded by the word "Oops!". I'll document any further alerts that pop up and post them here as they occur.

If you can share a screenshot of any other errors that are coming up, that will help.

Are you seeing: "Security error occurred. Please press back, refresh the page, and try again."?

Just in Firefox or in other browsers?

I just remembered that I first reported that security error message you're asking about back on January 11th, at which time I posted this screen capture of it. Mostly I'm on Firefox 58.x.x, on the Mac using the Shades of Grey theme.

error2.png

Here is a pic of the icon problem i mentioned.
DCT icons.jpg

Here is a pic of the icon problem i mentioned.
View attachment 36309

I'm pretty sure your problem is local. On the Mac, I use a system utility that will allow me to clear a browser's bookmark icons. (They will then repopulate as you vist sites) Perhaps there is a method for you to try that?

I dont mind its after all just a icon, but just freaked me out a little when i saw it, i would have liked DCT to latch on to pretty much any other bookmark icon in my arsenal.

I dont mind its after all just a icon, but just freaked me out a little when i saw it, i would have liked DCT to latch on to pretty much any other bookmark icon in my arsenal.

Still, you should be able to force a refresh of the browser favicon for DCT so that it shows the correct one. Do a search for how to do it.

try delete and renew your bookmark, the favicon is correct on the tab you have open which gets refreshed, bookmark icons I don't believe get refreshed though

try delete and renew your bookmark, the favicon is correct on the tab you have open which gets refreshed, bookmark icons I don't believe get refreshed though

I think whatever is going on is on a system level more so than the browser itself. On the Mac, favicons are deep within a Firefox system library separate from bookmarks and it's probably something similar on Windows.

I think whatever is going on is on a system level more so than the browser itself. On the Mac, favicons are deep within a Firefox system library separate from bookmarks and it's probably something similar on Windows.

I'm not sure, I gave up on Firefox a long time ago

The most recent version of Firefox, especially with some of the ancillary add-ons available, is one of the fastest, most secure browsers I know.

I was a long time user but it became a bloated mess years back and I switched to Chrome, it probably is much better now but once you get settled into another eco system you tend to stay, that is until theirs becomes a bloated mess and you go looking to change again, for now though Chrome works well for me

I was a long time user but it became a bloated mess years back and I switched to Chrome, it probably is much better now but once you get settled into another eco system you tend to stay, that is until theirs becomes a bloated mess and you go looking to change again, for now though Chrome works well for me

A few months ago, Mozilla released Firefox Quantum which uses a whole new architecture. It's quite fast, more secure, more private and generally pretty slick.

C/net says, "Even if you long ago switched to Google Chrome, it's worth giving the browser upgrade a spin".

https://www.cnet.com/news/firefox-quantum-update-mozilla-brings-speed-and-a-new-look/

if Chrome lets me down I'd likely go back to Firefox, god forbid I'd have to use Internet Explorer or Edge, both are woeful

I have always been on explorer up until "lately", i have also tried to get to grips with Chrome and Edge, but it just frustrate the hell out of me and i gave up, and i totally dont get my change hating friend use Chrome.

The onion network also bother me, so thank god i dont use that often.

I think maybe chrome work well for people that use smart features of the net, but i dont like the smart features i have seen from google or Microsoft and so on, or maybe i should rephrase myself, the smart features might work just fine, but the "prize" for using those features just compound in relation to monopolies i already have a compromised relationship with.

Every time my phone cough up a notification on the otherwise OFF screen i get shills down my back, and i hate how a app offset normal procedure.

For instance when i get a parcel and i am not home the post put a little leaflet in my mail box saying he have been here and tried to deliver the parcel, and instead i can get it on so and so post office the day after.
BUT ! then i installed a tracking app on my phone from Danish postal, and now ( yesterday ) that they some how have found out i use that app ( i have not signed up for anything just entered some tracking numbers in the app )
Well now i just get notifications in the app and the post no longer put a little leaflet in my mail box, making me fear what might happen to my parcels if i delete the app on my phone.
So this give me a feeling of being forced in some direction, and i do extremely bad with being forced to do just about anything, even if i am the kind of guy that dont mind trying just about anything new,,,, but i must initiate this, otherwise my brain lock up.

I think whatever is going on is on a system level more so than the browser itself.

I'm still having the same spell-check problems and only here- not anywhere else- so I agree. This is all a XenoForo problem and they need to fix it.

As an aside I'm on the verge of trying Chrome again since the 32 bit FF doesn';t seem to be that much better anymore. Or I might upgrade everything on my laptop to 64 bit but I hate to mess with things which ain't broken when they are working well as-is ;)

Phil

Spell check is a known bug with Xenforo when using Firefox. If you press enter after the line it should correct. I imagine it will be fixed eventually.

Spell check is a known bug with Xenforo when using Firefox. If you press enter after the line it should correct. I imagine it will be fixed eventually.

Sometimes does, sometimes doesn't. Ifvthey typed as badly as I do they whould have fixed it yesterday. This message as yped soc you can inderstand what I'm dealing with.

Phil

Yes, I've seen that security error message. Sometimes it's preceeded by the word "Oops!". I'll document any further alerts that pop up and post them here as they occur.

I've continued to experience ongoing errors and unexpected log-outs and "false" log-outs. Sometimes, an odd thing keeps happening where I appear logged out because I can't posted anything or there is no page functionality but if I reload the page or go back to the main homepage I discover I am still logged in. Unfortunately, in the meantime I may have lost whatever I was typing before this all happened. Now I have to compulsively save drafts and/or copy what I've typed so I can paste it back in to the post I am in the middle of composing as part of the post may get lost. Sometimes, when I am doing absolutely nothing with my computer but the DCT forum is open in front of me, the "active user" error sudden appears out of nowhere as if a script is running in the background. Hah!, as I was just typing the last sentence the following message appeared at the bottom of the page.

error4.png

Another issue that's been happening is that I will upload an image and all goes well. Then, just when the image completes the upload I get a security error message with a line through the file name of the image. This requires deleting the uploaded image and trying again.
error1.png

There's been a constant train of similar messages since the new forum "upgrade".

error.png

error4.png

error.png

error2.png

error3.png

Last edited:
Thanks for the additional pictures....will provide to Xenforo for investigating.

Back