Forum Style

TNT

Reaction score
Country
Slovakia
Dash Cam
SG9663DC
Anyone else have their Style changed on them? I have been using "Shades of Grey (Blue text)". Today it was changed to "-- DashCamTalk" and I didnt change it.

Yes the site got a upgrade last night.

Yes...a few changes with this upgrade:
  • Round avatars (seems like that is the style now)
  • Likes are now reactions (can choose a few different reactions)
  • Bookmarks have changed (how to bookmark and viewing bookmarks) but all previous bookmarks are still there
  • Push notifications have been enabled (depends on browser supporting this but you need to turn on via your preferences)

There are some other changes but those are the big ones.

Would like to see the "likes" restored under the user avatar on the left in the forums again. Never did like round avatars but not any problems with that- just me!

Phil

It would be nice if the site have a option to enlarge or shrink the chosen avatar if what you got gont really fit well, the old setup just let you frame your choice if it was a little too large.
I assume it would be a little harder with the round avatar Vs the old square one.

I don't know which I prefer...

It's these little things... that keep me awake for hours when they really shouldn't :D

What surprises me is that nearly all the round avatars look good, most of the seem to fit well in the circle, the only one that really doesn't is DashCamMan's avatar above :D

I found the push notification option to be, well, rather pushy! I declined it first time but then it popped up again, saying it was strongly recommended.

I spend enough time on here as it is. I follow threads with alerts, but I don't have any email notifications, and I don't want pushy notifications either.

From my perspective XenForo has jumped the shark with this software update. This is something we've all seen over the years where a company feels compelled to make changes and add unnecessary features to justify upgrades for otherwise well crafted software that had already achieved "completion". I mean, did we really need a dedicated search function for emoticons? :rolleyes:

Personally, I'm not a fan of the circular avatar windows. The standard 100 pixel x 100 pixel didn't provide a lot of screen real estate in the first place and from what I can see a vast number of existing avatars, especially those with text have been compromised in some way. And others too. @jokiin's avatar is a good example. It used to show off the classic GC model camera but now his product is unrecognizable.

And what's with this "REACTIONS" thing? What was wrong with "likes"? Jeez!

The word" reaction" makes me think of some sort of unpleasant medical condition.

Just look at some of the "reactions" I found waiting for me earlier! :smuggrin:

Last edited:
What surprises me is that nearly all the round avatars look good, most of the seem to fit well in the circle, the only one that really doesn't is DashCamMan's avatar above :D

Yes he will have to edit that, i suggest making it like a coin with writing round the edge.

There is an option to go back to the square Avatars. For the most part they look fine so will keep it circular....even though I had to update mine.

Back