Forward Collision and Lane Detection Warnings

pxr5

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi All,

I've had my F770 since last summer and in all aspects its been fine. My car was in the dealer recently and during the work there, they had to remove and refit the front windscreen to gain access to the HUD. When I collected my car the camera was postioned exactly as it was originally installed. On the way home the FCWS bongs were going off constantly (about every 10-30 seconds, even increasing in frequency, the way it did when getting closer to a vehicel in front). When I checked the live view, everything was OK, the horizontal line level with the front of the bonnet, and the centre line down the middle. I checked recordings and they were all fine too, and I could hear the bongs going off for no reason shown on the video display. Anway I checked all the settings but the constant bonging continued fom the FCWS no matter what the settings were and also I now no longer get any LDWS bongs either, which also used to work fine. I've had to turn off the FCWS for now and the camera works fine, just not the FDWS and LDWS. Oh and the speed camera warnings work fine too. Any ideas, thanks?

As far as i'm aware there isn't any calibration for the FCWS but there is for the LDWS when they are first fitted and the vehicle is driven over 18mph for 1 minute is calibrates. I think i would Factory Reset the unit (Power it up, wait for it to start recording and then press & hold the Microphone button and the Format buttons together until you hear about 4 rapid bleeps. This will reset everything so you will need to tweek things again but should also re-calibrate when you next drive and then see what happens.

An update to this. I turned off the FCWS as it was bonging constantly. I left on the LDWS but it never did anything. Anyway was driving down to the south of the UK last Friday and all of a sudden the LDWS just started working - I'd be going about 200 miles. It's been perfect ever since. So next step is to try the FCWS again. Maybe it just needed ages to recalbrate after it was moved, or a reset was needed as Maddog says. Either way it seems OK now.

Speed cameras database is out of date though, but as per my other post there is no way of knowing what database version I have on the F770!

It does seem they have changed how the camera database is stored on the camera and i also find i can't find the database version from the App now. I will mention a new camera database was added to the Thinkware.com website a couple of days ago now.

If you download this file https://chameleoncodewing-my.sharep...9Jm2L0LWwQIWIBcNkEhO0nyMKgauPCo74YVg?e=gD17FJ and place it inside the 'driveinfo' folder on your memory card bob's your uncle as they say!

Back