Found hot pixels in A119 V3 , how to fix it?

ange1us

Reaction score
Country
Thailand
Hi,

I just bought A119 V3 today and it's come with latest firmware. I found a lot of white hot pixel in video files. Is there any way to fix?

one hot pixel in upper right is stuck but other is random blink.

Thanks

Attachments

Teflon490

Reaction score
Country
Czech Republic
Dash Cam
A129 Pro Duo
I have them on all Viofo cams, A119S, A119 V3 and A129 Pro. I hated it at first, but since it does not interfere with its primary purpose, that is to capture what happened, I learned to live with it.

HonestReview

Reaction score
Country
United States
A few hot pixels aren't going to harm anything. I've never scrutinized video from my A129 Duo to check, but I haven't noticed any right offhand. Either way, a few dead pixels won't most likely interfere with anything. If you feel the need to though, contact Viofo Support about an RMA.

Nigel

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Dash Cam
Gitup F1, A129, B1W, B2W
Is there any way to fix?
Use it a few times, they may disappear with a bit of use.
Also, they will be hard to see when outside in better lighting.

kamkar1

Reaction score
Country
Denmark
Dash Cam
10 years, many dashcams
I have 2 in a much more expensive action camera.
Really there are not much to do about such things, some times you can perform a intricate calibration ( if you have the tool for it ) but they often come back if not in the same place then elsewhere.

Sun or interstellar radiation will do that to a sensor some times, travel on a airliner increase the chance of it happening.

DT MI

Reaction score
Country
United States
Dash Cam
More than my wife thinks I need.
As Nigel said, just ignore them for a while and they may disappear on their own. Had that happen on 2 different cameras. In one case I actually saved a video clip of them going away. I may still have that and, if so, will post it.

OP
A

ange1us

Reaction score
Country
Thailand
ok, I got it. Many Thanks to everyone for explanation. I gonna live with it, though it has a hot pixel but video output is very impressive :)