Fourth DVR contol unit failure

dane1234

Reaction score
Country
United States
Dash Cam
Koonlung (Spy Tec) K1S
Just had my fourth Koonlung K1S contol unit die— won’t boot up, won’t reset. Dead as a doornail. First three were warranty replacements, fourth was another K1S puchase just to get a replacement control unit. DVR module seems to last no more than about a year. What a shame, love the design, the small, stealthy cameras, and the small size of the DVR contol unit. But reliability sucks. I can understand why SpyTek and Amazon quit carrying this dashcam.

I also had 3 pieces dead; First dead after 1 year of warranty. Then purchased another one which had problems immediately so I returned it, then purchased another one as spare part, and after some time ... the same. So today I have 2 dead K1S on my table. I liked K1S but ... I hate K1S ....
In the meantime I changed to another dashcam .......

Investment in installing remote cameras, cables and hard-wired power supply is why I keep obtaining replacement DVR units. Like you, I love and hate my K1S. Wish it was at least possible just to purchase a replacement DVR, rather than an entire kit. Koonlung, are you paying attention?

Back