Country
Spain
Dash Cam
Git2,Xiaomi Yi, Mobius, Sj1000, gt300w, GS9000, GS600, Gopro
now on sale

FOXEER BOX 4K

I suppose it will have the same problems as the legend 3 as dashcam

box_content.jpg

Nice,,,,, BUT i sort of wish it was 10 mm deeper and that space was used for a larger battery.

I see that the camera has the correct FPS to match the two existing mains frequency: 50Hz and 60Hz. You don't see many manufacturers caring about this. They usually just "throw" in 30, 60, 120 or 240fps and forget that the large majority of the world's countries have 50Hz mains, in which the correct FPS ought to be 25, 50, 100 or 200fps.

I lice in 50 Hz country but use 30, 50 , 120 , 240.
But it is also rare i have a artificial light source in my footage, or anything else synced up to our 50 Hz AC

GoPro cease and desist in 3... 2... 1... :)

I lice in 50 Hz country but use 30, 50 , 120 , 240.
But it is also rare i have a artificial light source in my footage, or anything else synced up to our 50 Hz AC
It has nothing to do with the artificial light, that's a different setting. The frame rate must match the refreshing rate of the display where the video is played, according to the mains frequency. For example, my computer's video card can handle 1080p 50fps with absolutely no problems at all but if I try to play a 1080p 60fps video it plays 2 secs, starts refreshing, plays another 2 secs, starts refreshing, and the vicious cycle goes on and on.

It has nothing to do with the artificial light, that's a different setting. The frame rate must match the refreshing rate of the display where the video is played, according to the mains frequency. For example, my computer's video card can handle 1080p 50fps with absolutely no problems at all but if I try to play a 1080p 60fps video it plays 2 secs, starts refreshing, plays another 2 secs, starts refreshing, and the vicious cycle goes on and on.

This just means your computer can't handle 1080p 60fps and has nothing to do with a requirement that the fps match the refresh rate of the monitor. If your graphics card is running at a higher fps that your display can handle it can cause tearing in the video but won't cause pauses. Also, many displays have higher refresh rates than the frequency of the incoming electricity.

My monitor can do +200 Hz in the resolution i use, which are smaller than 1080 x 1920 :D:oops:

This just means your computer can't handle 1080p 60fps and has nothing to do with a requirement that the fps match the refresh rate of the monitor. If your graphics card is running at a higher fps that your display can handle it can cause tearing in the video but won't cause pauses. Also, many displays have higher refresh rates than the frequency of the incoming electricity.
My graphics card doesn't have any reference to which FPS are supported but I assume that if it's working on a 50Hz-based power grid it should be 25fps.
Watch this video:

Mind you, these standards are still being used in everything digital.

CRT TV vs led computer monitor, yes some standards are still used, but your computer and monitor are not effected by tv standards. Games are often played at 60+ fps depending on the hardware. LED monitors are capable of 30 - 240hz refresh rates but your computer has to be able to handle it as well. My graphics card will push many games at 120fps or more but my monitor maxes out at 120hz. Neither is effected by the scan rate of old crt's.

CRT TV vs led computer monitor, yes some standards are still used, but your computer and monitor are not effected by tv standards. Games are often played at 60+ fps depending on the hardware. LED monitors are capable of 30 - 240hz refresh rates but your computer has to be able to handle it as well. My graphics card will push many games at 120fps or more but my monitor maxes out at 120hz. Neither is effected by the scan rate of old crt's.
If, as you say, it doesn't matter, then can you explain why would Foxeer bother to provide the frame rate options of 25, 50 and 100fps? If, as you say, it doesn't matter, Foxeer users would never chose 25, 50 or 100fps, since 30, 60 and 120 have more frames per second. It seems a bit pointless, doesn't it, but they do it for a reason.

It's an often requested feature in sports cameras to offer PAL compatible frame rates for people that want to edit footage from multiple sources together as some cameras only offer these frame rates when 50hz frequency setting is selected, NTSC frame rates can still be used with 50hz setting, it is not a technical limitation but things are handled differently to avoid any flicker issues from mains powered incandescent lighting

Back