Foxeer Legend 1 16MP 1080P 60fps HD Camera with Ambarella A7LS

Nice little RC dedicated camera, and price seem good too.

But i am not a fan of the wide angle cameras on a quadcopter, i have tried on my friends with the AV feed off the gopro 3 silver, and for FPV navigation i prefer to use the little analog camera with a 4 mm lens.
That offcourse give a much narrower FOV but in return i feel much better judging distances to things.

BUT ! as with so many things, its just a matter of getting used to somthing.

OK, so I'm thinking... multi cam setup, all recordings done to the card in each cam.
End of the day, I witnessed an incident at, say, 10.15.
Plug a tablet, laptop, smartphone etc into a receiver which would enable me to view and download a clip from one, two or even more cams.
A neat package enabling someone to start off with one cam & add more when finances allow.
If these cams are weatherproof, extra cams could even be mounted right at the front of a vehicle.

Or is this going to cost far more than a dedicated multi channel system?

Thats what i think is the negative part of a multi cam setup made by single cameras, you have to go to each camera and take out the damm micro SD card.
So i would pay more for a single "headunit" camera that will save the footage from all cameras on one SSD, and then have a USB plug on that unit where i can plug in a thumb drive and have all, or the last 24 hour footage dumped to the thumb drive.

If you have a system thats able to be expanded, then footage from the other boxes ( i imagine dual camera boxes ) would be funneled thru the connection between the individual boxes and onto the SSD in box #1

So the maker would only have to make 1 unit, and the one with the harddrive in it then become the master unit where all other connected units funnel ther data and control the power up of the other devises connected to it ( camera footage - alarm data from the alarm moduel, and what ever you can think off will pass thru the interconnect to the master module )

I think in regard to the price then 4 single cameras will be the same as 2 dual camera setups or a single quad camera setup

The single 'head unit' isn't a bad idea - but a glitch can ruin all saved footage whereas keeping the cams as individual units, a glitch in one won't affect the recording of the others.
The koonlung or innovv K1 looks like they might be good dual cam setups but having each cam as a separate identity would surely allow for redundancy?
Having, for example, 4 single cams. If one does fritz out & you spot it, you could always swap with your least used cam. If, for example, your front cam stops working, you could maybe use your passenger side cam in the front mount.
Keeping each cam's footage on that cam then downloading it wirelessly to a tablet, phone etc, as and when needed would surely be better than having something constantly feeding 2, 3, 4 - more? streams of data to a central dvr.
I don't think our level of tech is good enough to really be able to handle this multitasking where full HD video is concerned

You are right, it might be a good idea to have a buffer in the camera unit itself.
But i am affraid that will just complicate things and make the whole setup more expensive.

I dont think the current level of tech is what is holding back a large dashcam system, if dashua could make a cheap 4 channel NVR ( 1080/30 each channel - okay not awsome bitrate ) several years ago i am sure it can be done at least just as good today and that at a lower price.

Unboxing and First Look

Looks good to me and a good on on the vids susobarral. Slightly more expensive than Mobuis, though overall the better vid quality would be worth it. Mobius does better in a few places, it seems to react to ambient light conditions more rapidly which often leads to darkening- this is where Foxeer does considerably better. Durability and reliability yet unknown, but could be a contender for the market segment Mobius has held for so long. The one place where Mobius has the lead is development; it's always ongoing with many options of lenses and firmware. If Foxeer matches that it will certainly be a winner.

Phil

Perhaps I'm the only one who would want to know this, but does the Foxeer have adjustable settings like the Mobius? What were the two cameras set at? Normal and Auto across the board?

Does the Foxeer offer loop-recording & auto record under external power? If not, then it's unsuitable for use as a dashcam, & this thread should be in https://forum.dashcamtalk.com/forums/general-action-camera-discussion.165/

Yes it has
- Loop recording
- Auto record on power on
- Auto shutdown

I will add some videos with it as a dashcam

Here's some of my test / reviews of it until now:

FPV oriented unboxing and setup:

Options, setup and firmware update

Side by side with the Git2

An aerial video with it:

Yes it has
- Loop recording
- Auto shutdown

Have you already made some videos with it as a DASHCAM? Please make some in sunny day light and during city ride in pitch dark night situations with streetlights and other traffic.

Have you already made some videos with it as a DASHCAM? Please make some in sunny day light and during city ride in pitch dark night situations with streetlights and other traffic.
I generally used it for aerial videos, but I'll use it as a dash cam also and come back with some samples.

I generally used it for aerial videos, but I'll use it as a dash cam also and come back with some samples.

thanks, I am very interested to see how that works out.....

ps: if I see it right in the video, you can't have 2k in mode 1, and 1920x1080 in mode 2???

With the latest firmware and configuration software there are a lot more options. Now both mode 1 and mode 2 can use all the settings in this screenshot:

Capture.JPG :

starting to look like the mobius software.... anyway, good to know, thanks!

I'll try to get some driving samples this weekend.

Yes it has
- Loop recording
- Auto shutdown

Here's some of my test / reviews of it until now:

FPV oriented unboxing and setup:

Options, setup and firmware update

Side by side with the Git2

An aerial video with it:
I've been checking this camera out for sometime to see if this would serve as a dashcam. Based on the reviews on youtube and foxeer's own website, loop recording is not mentioned. Even the configuration software is not showing any loop recording options. Where can I find information about this. I need to be sure that this feature is available before I make my purchase.

In the configuration app / system settings:

foxx2.JPG

Back