FoxOffer Dome G90 Dashcam Review - A7LA30, OV4689 CMOS

I measured best place for a filter and it is 30 mm, but you can't buy a 30 mm filter because inner measure is smaller, so filter measure should be about 34-35mm.

Here's what i did, i had one Marumi 30.5 mm filter but it didn't fit because inner measure is 26mm but i noticed that the outer measure is just correct. CPL filter lens is one way lens so i had to remove lens from housing and flip it other way around, now i can put filter on backwards, and once i go in my car i can turn it to desired angle and glue it on permanently. I didn't test it yet, but this filter has been working in my gt300w successfully.
First image shows filter how it should be,
second is when it's turned around to fit better,
and last is what g90 looks like when it's ready.
1g90.jpg

2g90.jpg

3g90.jpg

Last edited:
I measured best place for a filter and it is 30 mm, but you can't buy a 30 mm filter because inner measure is smaller, so filter measure should be about 34-35mm.

Here's what i did, i had one Marumi 30.5 mm filter but it didn't fit because inner measure is 26mm but i noticed that the outer measure is just correct. CPL filter lens is one way lens so i had to remove lens from housing and flip it other way around, now i can put filter on backwards, and once i go in my car i can turn it to desired angle and glue it on permanently. I didn't test it yet, but this filter has been working in my gt300w successfully.
First image shows filter how it should be,
second is when it's turned around to fit better,
and last is what g90 looks like when it's ready.
1g90.jpg

2g90.jpg

3g90.jpg

Nice!
That's exactly what I'm after.
Driving against the Sun has so much dash reflection on the windshield that degrades video quality pretty bad.

Here's some sample footage with the CPL - notice the reflections are pretty much gone.

https://mega.co.nz/#!8F8C3JaY!KaeSnigjeRTDS9u4yXdxWRpmV4LnRqeHeBvFGynOXdo
https://mega.co.nz/#!pc0iVbDJ!9DZZt71NtB0hIXlO8qVB6LI8QnvcgUyK1WXeAEEs-BY

The second one is driving straight into the sun and you can see that looks pretty awesome.

The bigger CPL like Sabe has above will have much less vignetting and will be better but these give you an idea of what is possible :)

Thanks for the videos but I don't like that vignetting.
It feels like going through a tunnel. :eek:

Last edited:
Banggood has this for $72 USD with coupon code:

Im about to pull the trigger and order one, looks the same but has anyone ordered from BG and can confirm?

Was a toss up between this and the Mobius but the coupon doesn't work for the Mobius ;-)

These are currently all made by Shenzhen Dome so at this point they should all be the same before clones hit the market :)

That is cheap though - I've ordered from BangGood before and they were great - that was for a phone from their UK warehouse and it arrived the next day!

Now when you select HDR 1920*1080, there is an icon "HDR" on the screen, you noticed this?
I just recently noticed it. I have been going by the screen time stamp at first. When HDR is on the time stamp on the menu screen is huge. When it is off it is small.
HDR on
23uy0sl.jpg

HDR off
25jee0w.jpg

I just recently noticed it. I have been going by the screen time stamp at first. When HDR is on the time stamp on the menu screen is huge. When it is off it is small.
HDR on
23uy0sl.jpg

HDR off
25jee0w.jpg

Hmm... i have to check that but when HDR on, there is the 1920 HDR icon in the lower left side so I know if HDR is on or off.

Hmm... i have to check that but when HDR on, there is the 1920 HDR icon in the lower left side so I know if HDR is on or off.
Mine has it as well sorry it is a little blurry but it is the third icon in the first picture, but I just noticed it like today. My camera is still running Carcam_C6000A:SVN r4396 witch seems to be the latest firmware posted to the Blackview site.
I think my other G90 display does this as well, and it is running the custom 24MB firmware.

A newbie question: can you use external batteries like used in cell phones to provide (a short period of time) power of G90 since the built in battery is very small?

Not with these as they tend to be proprietary soldered battery packs - although you can get something like an Anker or similar USB rechargeable USB pack that might do what you want.

What sort of thing are you wanting it for?

A newbie question: can you use external batteries like used in cell phones to provide (a short period of time) power of G90 since the built in battery is very small?
Any USB power bank will work, just plug and play.

Bought D90 with SVN r293MP, can I flashing firmware of BlackView BL950 SVN r4396

Last edited:
pls sent the link G90 original firaware SVN r293MP download for me pls pls pls

Thanks to @billknow my SZDome G90 camera arrived today (the express shipping was amazing it was picked up in Hong Kong on Friday and delivered in the UK Monday morning!)

This is a fairly new camera featuring the Ambarella A7LA30 variant and the OmniVision OV4689 4 Megapixel sensor with HDR and is priced at $85.99.

It is also known as the following:
Lingdu T268
Blackview BL950 - http://detail.tmall.com/item.htm?sp...802623378&rn=0f4eb0fde8d214a2cabff4ecfef69e1d
Caska ???
Flexiti FX214
Prestigio Roadrunner
Pago M7
Drivecam ???
Falcon???

This is a new way of doing things in comparison to WDR as the camera captures 60fps and takes each two frames and combines them to try and get light and dark detail in the same frame.

This camera is smaller than I thought it would be, and is just a little larger than the GT680W size that is pretty popular. The G90 is slightly smaller than a credit card.

Here are some stock photos from FoxOffer first of all:

g90%20a7%20car%20camera_LRG.jpg

g90%20a7%20car%20camera_1.jpg

g90%20a7%20car%20camera_2.jpg

g90%20a7%20car%20camera_9.jpg

And then some comparison shots against the GT680W for reference

gt680comparison1.jpg

gt680comparison2.jpg

gt680comparison3.jpg

gt680comparison4.jpg

IMG_0339.jpg

IMG_0340.jpg

IMG_0341.jpg

IMG_0342.jpg

28m1bm0.jpg

The feature list is as follows:
Main Features:
  • 170 degree super wide angle lens with dewarp
  • 1920 x 1080P FULL HD high definition resolution.
  • Advanced H.264 video compression technology.
  • 2.7 inch high resolution LCD
  • Support HDMI high quality video transmission.
  • G-Sensor to keep recordings in an emergency
  • Seamless loop recording
  • Turn on and record automatically when the car starts,
  • Automatic loop recording, it’s able to set the record time for each file
  • Watching video simultaneous while driving, supporting on-spot play back
  • Time & date display
  • A key to lock function
  • Motion detection function
  • Automatically turn on/off function
  • Can charge battery and copy files over USB.
  • Equipped with car suction mount, easy to fix and use.
  • Maximum memory storage 32GB, or TF with more high capacity storage device.
  • 30 or 25 fps depending on whether TV system is NTSC or PAL.
  • F1.8 aperture
  • 180mAh Li-ion battery

Bitrate
  • 1080p/30fps - 15Mbps - HDR makes no difference to the filesize.
  • 720p/60fps - 12Mbps.

The box contains
1x G90 Car DVR Recorder
1x Car Charger
1x Mini USB Cable
1x Windshield Suction Mount
1x English/Chinese/Russian Manual

The camera buttons / ports are as follows:
$_57.JPG

1. AV Port
2. Mini USB
3. Camera mount with power pins
4. Mini HDMI
5. Lens
6. Power
7. Left / up navigation
8. Menu
9. OK / select
10. Mode
11. Right / down navigation
12. Reset button
13. Status LED - Purple = screen on and red = recording
14. Emergency button (move current file to Event folder)
15. Screen
16. Micro SD slot (up to 32GB - supposedly higher capacity cards supported which I will test)
17. Microphone
18. Speaker

The camera writes normal video data to the \NORMAL folder, and anything that triggers the G Sensor or you have told the camera to save is put into the \EVENT folder.

The next two pictures show the image captured by the G90 first, followed by the GT680W second - they would seem to suggest the G90 has a similar wide angle to the GT680W but it is using dewarp technology to make the image look more natural.
G90_Frame.jpg

GT680_W_Frame.jpg
pls sent the link G90 original firaware SVN r293MP download for me pls pls pls

Image quality is improved over 293 - that's pretty much what every firmware version has improved yet.

@Fandy or @Doreen from SZDome may know if a newer version is available?

Back