Frame Rate 29fps

Aussietommy

Reaction score
Country
Australia
I received my f500lhd from estore009 and have made some test videos and quality seems very good compared to what I had in past cams.
I have noticed 1920x1080 is @ 29fps and not 30fps also 1280x720 is @ 29fps and not at full 30fps .. Is this normal or do I have to do something to make it record at full 30fps that it is supposed to record at.

Has any one else had one of these cams that record at less than advertised specs ?

Aussietommy said:
I received my f500lhd from estore009 and have made some test videos and quality seems very good compared to what I had in past cams.
I have noticed 1920x1080 is @ 29fps and not 30fps also 1280x720 is @ 29fps and not at full 30fps .. Is this normal or do I have to do something to make it record at full 30fps that it is supposed to record at.

Has any one else had one of these cams that record at less than advertised specs ?

you should find the frame rate is actually 29.97fps, Windows rounds this down to 29 when shown in file properties, using something like Gspot http://www.headbands.com/gspot/v26x/index.htm and you'll see the actual frame rate displayed

Last edited by a moderator:
jokiin said:
Aussietommy said:

you should find the frame rate is actually 29.97fps, Windows rounds this down to 29 when shown in file properties, using something like Gspot http://www.headbands.com/gspot/v26x/index.htm and you'll see the actual frame rate displayed
Thanks for that, I was not sure if I had got another faulty cam-I will download and check.

Last edited by a moderator:
Back