Free Dashcam footage software? Or standalone .exe with personal lisence

RIIIDAA

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hello, :D

I just got my 0805 (gps version) Dashcam this week.

I'm looking for some decent software to review the footage and have a few questions:

1: Is there any decent compatible free Dashcam footage software?

2: I would like to be able to use the software on my home pc obviously but also at work - I have to hot desk (usually I get to stick to the same 2 or 3 PCs at work) so ideally I'd want a standalone .exe with no necd for Administrator privileges and a 'personal lisence' meaning I can run it on more than one computer for my own personal use. I have no issue buying a piece of software so long as I can run it at wherever / whatever computer I'm using.

3: What software are you using?

Thanks will give that a go, seems to not play so far at work, QuickTime dependent ?

It loaded the files when we selected a bunch directly in the micro SD card then seemed to bunch them up and when playing the screen is just black, gps map data is present

05032015.PNG

Record at 1920 x 1080 and it will work fine, maybe updating codecs would help with 21:9 mode

It loaded the files when we selected a bunch directly in the micro SD card then seemed to bunch them up and when playing the screen is just black, gps map data is present
Most computers work with 2560x1080 but if it is a works computer and you can't install video codecs (eg K-Lite Codec Pack)then try in the Registrator Viewer menu: Playback/Renderer/VMR - that almost always works although it may be a bit jerky on a slow computer.

PS: Put a copy of Registrator Viewer on your memory card and run it from there, then you always have it with you and it finds the video files easily.

Thanks for the tips guys.

I'm now at home so tried same footage here and it played video, but it's a bit slow on this one. Will tinker when I'm off shift

Tried it on my favourite work pc / desk, worked great even without changing the recording resolution

Back