Freezing every few days

redrevis

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I use Parking Guard. Every few days I come to the car and look at the camera to see all the LEDs are on, the screen is on, the image has frozen and it is not recording. It has completely frozen and won't turn off unless it's removed from the mount. Is anyone else having this issue? I need to upgrade to the latest firmware, so I'm hoping that will fix it.

How long is parking mode used? Is it filling the card with locked files when this happens?

Phil

I thought that may be the issue, but when I checked only about a 5th of the card was locked files.
I've just updated it to the latest firmware, so I'll see in a few days if still freezes or not.

I've had a very similar problem. With camera not recording after being in Parking Mode. I have reset the camera, restored defaults, formatted card and that improved matters but I still had one incident of not recording so tried a new card and so far so good.

Look at the file numbers and see if there is a gap. Yesterday mine jumped from 022 to 028 with 022 being the last file in parking mode before I switched on. Then I checked the log file and files 023 to 027 showed as recorded so this pointed to a card problem.

I will monitor with the new card and see how it goes.

Both cards were Samsung Evo Plus bought at the same time.

The card which was missing files did not show any errors.

Will let you know how it goes.

I'll check the numbers if it happens again. I'm also using the Evo Plus.

What size card are you using? I bought 32gb as that was fine in the 0806 but schoolboy error forgot 0906 doubles the files for rear! lol

I went for the 128GB card, thought I might as well with the 2 cameras and with parking guard on.

we will turn on rear camera monitoring for motion and turn off parking guard lock in next few days.
in this method the camera will be easier to handle the numerous lock files.

Despite changing the card I have still having an issue with files not recording after unit has been in parking guard. Link to the log file below
https://db.tt/jozrHAa51l

and here you can see missing files in the sequence odd files missing then a jump from 43 to 65?

Just tested the card with H2testw 1.4 and got no errors as below

Test finished without errors.
You can now delete the test files *.h2w or verify them again.
Writing speed: 21.4 MByte/s
Reading speed: 83.6 MByte/s
H2testw v1.4

It records perfectly when parking guard is off

So Rayman pointed me to firmware update which seems to have solved the problem.

I was running 27th July firmware as shipped but this morning updated to 29th August firmware and today 599 files recorded with no missing file numbers.

Towards the end of the afternoon there are some time gaps of 15 to 20mins when parking guard did not record anything. I assume the battery protection was kicking in.

Fingers crossed ✔

I updated to the latest firmware on Saturday. No freezing yet. Fingers crossed!

Yep keep them crossed

Well it's been a week and no crashing, so the 20170829 firmware seemed to fix the issue. I'm not going to update to the 20171013 firmware just yet, as everything is working ok (apart from locked files will mean it needs a format from time to time) I don't want any more hassle with it at the moment. Will wait to hear other people's feedback on the new firmware first.

Pleased to hear that. Where is the download for the 13th October firmware?

Just loaded the new firmware, will give it a good test on Monday :)

I'm very very confused now. As I was washing the car today I noticed it had stopped recording. But funnily enough it hadn't frozen, I could still change the camera view etc which I couldn't do before.
I took the SD card out and looked on the computer. Since putting the 20170829 firmware on, it seems to only keep the parking guard footage. All the driving footage has disappeared! It seems like a similar issue to what @speuk had.
Last night we set off driving for a few hours and stopped at a service station. The image attached shows the last parking guard clip before we set off, then the first parking guard clip from the service station, but no 2 hours of driving inbetween! But when we were driving I could see the flashing red light as if it was recording. so where has all the driving footage gone?

I think I'm going to have to upgrade to the lastest firmware and cross my fingers this fixes it. There's no point in a dashcam if all the driving footage disappears!

Attachments

• Capture.PNG
    Capture.PNG
    5.1 KB · Views: 14
Yep failed to record a whole batch of files. If you look at the log file it will show all files as recorded. Since I updated to Aug firmware it has been better but one incident of only recording every other file number. I've gone to the October firmware today but not driven it yet.

Back