Freezing every few days

I stumbled upon this thread. If I may ask, is this issue prevalent in all Mini 0906 regardless of brand, e.g. Veckle and Blueskysea?

yes in all brands, produced between Dec.02 to Dec.06, then we noticed this problem and taken action.
estimated total defective quantity 50pcs, which need to be replaced the extending cable. (and it is best to exchange the short cable in rear camera also)
any user found the camera have problem with rear camera signal, please contact distributor or us directly for replacement.
my mail : rayman@megcn.com

@Rayman , I need also the short cable in rear camera.thanks

@Rayman , I need also the short cable in rear camera.thanks

yes, the short cable was sent with long cable at the same time.
for most users, it will be much easier to only replace the long cable. But for the critic with DIY skill on screws, the short cable will be meaningful.

OK so the camera with the no log test firmware lasted up until now without freezing, which is the longest it's lasted with any firmware. This time it froze when recording there was only a solid blue and green light. The camera could still be changed when pressing the side button. Because @Rayman.Chan suspects this issue I'm having is caused by the rear camera cable, I'm going to unplug the rear camera cable and see if the camera freezes again. If it doesn't I'll be asking for a new cable, if it does, we know it's still a firmware issue. I'll report back when I know more.

Should I update to the new firmware or stick with the no log firmware?

new firmware please. Because changed the Parking Guard setting

@estore009 ,@Rayman.Chan
I also have this freezing problem on my in parking guard mode, with the additional problems of shortened working distance of the remote key fob and weakened FM signal. The last 2 problems would go away if I unplug the rear cam cable from the front cam body.
My unit is a blueskysea brand purchased from seller Lwentian in Lazada PH last Dec 26, 2017. Can you process the rear cam cable replacement?
IMG_20180201_114632.png

@Den-den Please PM us your shipping address,and we will send you this cable!

Well it's safe to say since unplugging the rear camera the dashcam hasn't frozen. So it looks like it is the rear cable problem after all. @Rayman.Chan if I could get a new cable please that would be very helpful.

Which cable needs to be replaced for this to be fixed? Your CS has mentioned a 60cm cable, but that's too short to be the connection from the from your the rear camera.

In the next firmware, please add an option to disable the parking guard and ignore the power signal when the engine is not running (i.e. the ACC cable is not live)

Hello!

I have a mini0906 that I bought almost 2 years ago from Gearbest. The last months (or year) I also have the freezing problem that other members describe. The rear camera sometimes disconnects and other times the red led stays on and the recording freezes. When this happens the camera freezes and I can’t operate it. I tried many micro sd cards (different make, capacity, speed), I even replaced the hardwire kit (also tried the supplied charger) and still the same problem. Now with the covid lockdown I had more time, searched about it and found this topic. I want to ask if I am eligible for cable replace under warranty (since it is a known issue)? Next time I use my car I can also send you a video. I also have the receipt of the camera and all the proof of purchase.

@Rayman.Chan Email has been sent to you with shipping address for cable replacement.
All details about this freezing issue included in email.

PM me your email address, I will send you the firmware for reset fist!

Back