Freezing/Hang/Crashing 750s-2ch

GloryUprising

Reaction score
Country
United States
Hi Folks.

Anyone else experiencing freezing with the 750s-2ch on firmware 1.007?

My unit is crashing (the leds lights either stay solid or turn off all together) and requires a full power down and power back up to get it running again. There is no audible alerts for power down or anything like that; the system just hangs. Seems to happen every other day.

Doesn't seem temperature related since it happened last time with the temps <85F.

I've tried three different SD cards (2x Blackvue branded ones and a Transcend High Endurance) all formatted in the camera.

I've since pulled the cards out and formatted on a computer using a third party app and again reformatted to FAT32 via blackvue app on the computer and manually reloaded the firmware (all on a PC).

Currently recording in extreme mode. Daily restart is on.

Experiences? TIA!

Also wanted to add, around the time of the crashing, I get a corrupted video file.

The 'file name' is correct (eg it has the correct date and time), but the computer 'modified' time stamp does not match (it's getting time stamped a few hours in the future) and the file is unplayable.

try it: in the current operating version enter the camera with the PC cloud viewer and set all the settings first reset, very low ( including video resolution) and surely the best settings are off, then install the new software if the new one is installed on the camera the power off is about 2-3 min, then re-enter the settings

try it: in the current operating version enter the camera with the PC cloud viewer and set all the settings first reset, very low ( including video resolution) and surely the best settings are off, then install the new software if the new one is installed on the camera the power off is about 2-3 min, then re-enter the settings

Sorry, to be clear, you're asking me to

1. reset all the settings to the lowest.
2. then reinstall the firmware.
3. power down the system for a few minuets
4. reset everything back

4. reset everything back = not reset, just change the settings you need

Funnily enough I went out at lunchtime, and yes, it didn't say Parking Mode Off as I drove off like it normally does, and I noticed both Red and Blue lights were on Solid.

I had this a few weeks ago and it was the same, had to pull the power cable out of the Camera to get it back to life.

So be interested to know if this works, mine is set 30fps on both cameras, not 60fps, anyway.

I assume you mean set the settings low res, then turn off for a few minutes and then reset the settings. As the Firmware is already loaded.

Funnily enough I went out at lunchtime, and yes, it didn't say Parking Mode Off as I drove off like it normally does, and I noticed both Red and Blue lights were on Solid.

I had this a few weeks ago and it was the same, had to pull the power cable out of the Camera to get it back to life.

So be interested to know if this works, mine is set 30fps on both cameras, not 60fps, anyway.

I assume you mean set the settings low res, then turn off for a few minutes and then reset the settings. As the Firmware is already loaded.

Are you running 1.007?

I have a suspicion that it's the firmware. I think there's not so much chatter about it because most people downgraded to 1.005/1.004 because .006/.007 had so many issues.

At any rate, my cam crashed again today after the full double format and reloading 1.007 and using the lower 'sport mode'.

I'm currently reformatting again and going to load 1.005 to see if I get some kind of stability.

I would ask that you reach out to blackvue CS to report your problems too. The more people make noise the more we're gonna get noticed.

I haven't noticed any issues with 1.007 (V2) on my DR750S.
Not running highest modes though, but it sounds like @PhilSkill reports he has a similar issue on the lower settings so I won't bother changing mine to test.

Is your cam hardwired in?
Wondering about if you should look into the Auto-Reset, normally the cam tries to power cycle at 3AM.

I'm not hardwired personally, so that might be why I don't have any issues.

I haven't noticed any issues with 1.007 (V2) on my DR750S.
Not running highest modes though, but it sounds like @PhilSkill reports he has a similar issue on the lower settings so I won't bother changing mine to test.

Is your cam hardwired in?
Wondering about if you should look into the Auto-Reset, normally the cam tries to power cycle at 3AM.

I'm not hardwired personally, so that might be why I don't have any issues.

Good to know.

Yes hardwired in with a PMP. I already have auto-reset on.

Might try playing with that maybe?
Perhaps change the auto-reset to a few minutes from when you're in and around your car... then see if it reboots or freezes there.

Do the corrupted files seem to all happen near the same time or all random hours?
What's the timer set to on your PMP?

Mines at 1.007 (v2, never installed the whiteout version) Hardwired to a Celllink Neo. If you're not hardwired it wont be an issue as you're not using Parking mode.

I have the night time reset for 3am, but it's crashed during the day when I get back to my car, I thought it could be temp related but I get no High Temp notification and, @GloryUprising you think not.

I do have Auto upload turned on and the preview files mode turned on.

I did report to BV but sadly the response was less than nowt! But I've also been reporting the lack of Wifi re-connection so it may have been lost in that.
(No reconnection rather negates Auto Upload!)

Mines at 1.007 (v2, never installed the whiteout version) Hardwired to a Celllink Neo. If you're not hardwired it wont be an issue as you're not using Parking mode.

I have the night time reset for 3am, but it's crashed during the day when I get back to my car, I thought it could be temp related but I get no High Temp notification and, @GloryUprising you think not.

I do have Auto upload turned on and the preview files mode turned on.

I did report to BV but sadly the response was less than nowt! But I've also been reporting the lack of Wifi re-connection so it may have been lost in that.
(No reconnection rather negates Auto Upload!)

Have you tried downgrading the firmware?

I just installed 1.005 yesterday so crossing my fingers that it's a firmware issue.

My camera is relatively new (<2 weeks) so I can always send it back for a replacement if it's truly a hardware issue (but my gut tells me it's a firmware issue).

My camera is using the PMP setup from my 650s-2ch (PMP was professionally installed about a year ago) that died in the heat so I'm pretty sure it's not the cabling.

No I haven't as yet, it's only crashed twice since installing the new firmware a few weeks ago the first time I treated it as a 1 off, but seeing your thread immediately after the second time got me thinking, so it sounds like it may well be back to good ole 1.005!

After loading 1.005 the camera has not had any hanging issues for ~1 week now. Seems like it's definitely an issue with 1.006/1.007

I'll keep my fingers crossed and will report back if it happens again.

3 weeks in and no issues with 1.005.

Has anyone tried 1.009?

My camera crashed on 1.005 after about 4 weeks in.

I requested a replacement from my vendor (amazon seller) and returned the old one.

I loaded 1.010 on the new camera so we shall see.

Back