Frequency & Locking files

Ansley12

Reaction score
Country
Canada
Hi, I just finished installing my Viofo A129 Duo with the official 3-wire kit and I'm wondering what the "Frequency" does? What's the difference between 50 and 60 hz? Im also wondering how clips get "Locked" and how do I get rid of them if its not really important?

Here is my current setting:
Bitrate: high
Loop Recording: 5 Min
WDR: Off
Parking Mode: Low Bitrate
Time Lapse Recording: off
Motion Detection: off
G-Sensor: Medium
Boot Delay: off
Frequency: currently at 50 hz

@jokiin how do clips get "Locked"? I tested out my dashcam by driving around for a few minutes and when I checked the clips to see how good the quality is, I noticed some of them are locked and cannot be deleted.

you can manually lock files using the emergency button, they will also lock automatically if the G-Sensor is triggered

@jokiin how do clips get "Locked"? I tested out my dashcam by driving around for a few minutes and when I checked the clips to see how good the quality is, I noticed some of them are locked and cannot be deleted.
The easy way to delete the locked files is to format the memory card, but note that that will delete all your files, including any you may want. Otherwise you really want to put the card in a computer where you can delete individual locked files. If you are getting a lot of locked files then you will want to turn down the sensitivity of the g-sensor, otherwise you will have no memory left for normal files.

The easy way to delete the locked files is to format the memory card, but note that that will delete all your files, including any you may want. Otherwise you really want to put the card in a computer where you can delete individual locked files.
copy off what you want to the computer then format the card in the camera, deleting files ad-hoc is not good practice

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
subZERO.x264 A129 / 129 Duo 7
E A129 / 129 Duo 12
B A129 / 129 Duo 3
Back