Front and rear dash cam wanted

different power supply

Ah how will this work then if buy the current one?

Am I right in thinking that the current version still has parking mode and even though it's from.a switched supply when parked it uses internal batteries and/or capacitors anyway to run while parked? (Like my current Roav)

Thanks

Ah how will this work then if buy the current one?

Am I right in thinking that the current version still has parking mode and even though it's from.a switched supply when parked it uses internal batteries and/or capacitors anyway to run while parked? (Like my current Roav)

Thanks

if you use a switched supply the camera will turn off, the two wire method is a software solution and requires a permanent power feed, the three wire method is a hardware solution

if you use a switched supply the camera will turn off, the two wire method is a software solution and requires a permanent power feed, the three wire method is a hardware solution

So there isn't a parking mode with switched? Won't do timelapse, motion and gsensor?

I understand the hardware solution it will be permanent, just trying to understand what the current one will do and wether to wait to buy that or not.

Thanks

2 wire or 3 wire the camera needs to be powered while parked, if 2 wire it's a software solution to judge when you're not moving and decide when to switch modes, if 3 wire it's hard coded to change modes based on power input

2 wire or 3 wire the camera needs to be powered while parked, if 2 wire it's a software solution to judge when you're not moving and decide when to switch modes, if 3 wire it's hard coded to change modes based on power input

Ah ok. So they both do the same it's just the sensing if when it happens be TR we even current version and new 3 wire?

The actual parking mode though is the same if I buy this one now?

https://www.amazon.co.uk/VIOFO-1080P-Camera-Logger-Support/dp/B07DHKLH4F

Parking mode differs depending which setup you use

Can you elaborate please? Is it all available on the one I linked to?

Just wondering wether to buy now that's all, can be delivered tomorrow and I'm off to install that's all.

But I don't want to buy this if it doesn't have the parking mode without the 3 wire one that's coming soon

Thanks

I have the mini0906 and ViofoA129 both have excellent video quality, the 0906 is cheaper and can be bought with 3 wire hardwire kit for less than £100. The wifi on the A129 is quick if you need to view files, not slow like you said yours is.

I have the mini0906 and ViofoA129 both have excellent video quality, the 0906 is cheaper and can be bought with 3 wire hardwire kit for less than £100. The wifi on the A129 is quick if you need to view files, not slow like you said yours is.

Good to know thanks. Not too bothered on WiFi as rare watch, it's easier to just pull out SD card really.

So how is your A129 duo? Did the GPS bracket come in the pack?

How is parking mode on it please? Any incidents that you've recorded and missed as slow? It runs off battery/capacitor in parking mode, ever had an occurrence where it's ran out? Or would you realise I suppose....

Wiring is yours just to a ciggy lighter? Looking it looks like a USB A lead. I think I may wire to fuse box on a switched, did a converter come with it for connection to a fuse box?

Think I'll order the A129 Duo

Good to know thanks. Not too bothered on WiFi as rare watch, it's easier to just pull out SD card really.

So how is your A129 duo? Did the GPS bracket come in the pack?

How is parking mode on it please? Any incidents that you've recorded and missed as slow? It runs off battery/capacitor in parking mode, ever had an occurrence where it's ran out? Or would you realise I suppose....

Wiring is yours just to a ciggy lighter? Looking it looks like a USB A lead. I think I may wire to fuse box on a switched, did a converter come with it for connection to a fuse box?

Think I'll order the A129 Duo
A129 can be bought with GPS mount or non-GPS mount. The one in your Amazon link has the GPS mount.

It will be suitable for the 3-wire hardwire kit when it is released.

I power mine from a 12v-to-USB adapter when driving, and from a powerbank when parked. Others use a 2-wire kit and run from the car battery when parked.

A129 can be bought with GPS mount or non-GPS mount. The one in your Amazon link has the GPS mount.

It will be suitable for the 3-wire hardwire kit when it is released.

I power mine from a 12v-to-USB adapter when driving, and from a powerbank when parked. Others use a 2-wire kit and run from the car battery when parked.

Thanks for that. Is there a reason you unplug and power from a powerbank when parked? Didn't it use its own battery/capacitors to power in park mode?

What will be the extra we need for 3 wire when it comes? Will this have to be purchased sperate from Viofo?

Thanks

Yeah it powers down when parked using the ciggy lighter as thats ignition powered, unless you use a powerbank or hardwire kit, mine came with GPS mount with it. you could always buy an adapter for the ciggy lighter and hard wire that, until the correct hardwire kit comes, they are about £4.99

Yeah it powers down when parked unless you use a powerbank or hardwire kit, mine came with GPS mount with it.

Ah...so has no battery/capacitors...so does need wiring to a fuse box constant live and not switched to use parking mode

Ah...so has no battery/capacitors...so does need wiring to a fuse box constant live and not switched to use parking mode
A129 uses capacitors, but it's not to power the camera. They are there to keep the camera running after power loss, just long enough to safely save the last file.

A129 uses capacitors, but it's not to power the camera. They are there to keep the camera running after power loss, just long enough to safely save the last file.
So how does the advertised parking mode (on the current non 3 wire version) work?
You have to wire to a permanent live?

If so I take it that it detects when you move and exits parking mode and goes into normal mode then?

Asy ciggy lighter switches off when ignition off, then I have no choice but to wire to fuse, a permanent supply then?

If so where is here a USB to fuse adapter otherwise how will I get a permanent supply?

Thanks

So how does the advertised parking mode (on the current non 3 wire version) work?
You have to wire to a permanent live?

If so I take it that it detects when you move and exits parking mode and goes into normal mode then?

Asy ciggy lighter switches off when ignition off, then I have no choice but to wire to fuse, a permanent supply then?

If so where is here a USB to fuse adapter otherwise how will I get a permanent supply?

Thanks
Yes, the camera needs constant power if you want to use parking mode (2-wire or 3-wire).
You need a hardwire kit and a Tap-A-Fuse that matches the fuses in you car.

So on the camera specs for A129 Duo states input5V/3.1A, the ciggy lighter it comes with is 3.1A says.

These hardwire kits say only 5V/2A.
Dash Cam Hard Wire Kit Mini USB,Bulit-in Fuse 5V/2A 10 feet for in Car Camera Power Supply https://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/B071H6MK1R
Are these ok to use with A129 Duo? 3.1A seems quite high power requirement.

You need to keep in mind that the A129 Duo is two cams, not one, so it will need more power than many hardwire kits produce. If Viofo says it needs 3.1A, then any PS or hardwire kit you use will need to produce 3.1A or more if you expect it to work properly.

Phil

Back