Front and rear dash cam wanted

So on the camera specs for A129 Duo states input5V/3.1A, the ciggy lighter it comes with is 3.1A says.

These hardwire kits say only 5V/2A.
Dash Cam Hard Wire Kit Mini USB,Bulit-in Fuse 5V/2A 10 feet for in Car Camera Power Supply https://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/B071H6MK1R
Are these ok to use with A129 Duo? 3.1A seems quite high power requirement.

2A is ok, but that particular hardwire kit is a known problem model, avoid that one

2A is ok, but that particular hardwire kit is a known problem model, avoid that one
Oh is it thanks for that, wants it's problem?

And when you say 2A is enough how if the camera input states 3.1A, it is a front and rear version?
33b44e603092fc956c96d1b4ffa7fa1a.png

I would think it's a typo. it comes with a dual port charger that is 2A on one side and 1A on the other, the hardwire kit is also 2A

I would think it's a typo. it comes with a dual port charger that is 2A on one side and 1A on the other, the hardwire kit is also 2A

Ah I see.... Is there a hardwire kit for that? I could get the specs off that then?

All I'm wanting is to hardwire as where the ciggy lighter on mine is too awkward to get to

Last edited:
Can you recommend any please from Amazon UK? Or should I wait for the hardwire kit from Viofo direct?

not familiar with what's available on Amazon but within a matter of weeks the correct one will be available from Viofo, better to wait a bit and get that

not familiar with what's available on Amazon but within a matter of weeks the correct one will be available from Viofo, better to wait a bit and get that

Ok thanks, and then fully compatible with current A129 Duo?

They have a hardwire kit currently on Viofo website, and looks exactly the same as the the one Amazon I posted, but it isn't listed as compatible with A129.

Ok think I'll fit now and although untidy use the ciggy lighter and no parking mode until comes out.

Thanks

Back