Front and rear hardwired, never has any battery.

RDC74656

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Dash Cam
512GW + 512R
Ok so I had front and rear cam installed and hardwired by Halfords and once installed I set g sensor to high and parking mode to on. I had expectations that it would record while driving the 3 minute recordings and once parked up and ignition off, parking mode would take over and record when shock to the vehicle detected. I think this a actually happening but I’ve noticed that my camera would be recording during normal driving, would get to 55 seconds of recording and would freeze, if parking mode recording activated upon entering the car I would press the rec button to stop recording and it hangs for ages.
Like I said the camera is hardwired but seem whenever I get in the car for the first time of the day it comes up flashing low battery, how! When it has a feed from fuse box, I dunno which fuse slot Halfords use but they said they don’t use a safety critical one and tend to lean for the cigarette outlet fuse.
Is this alll normal behaviour for the 512gw, am I within my rights to want to return, either for an exchange or full refund, I still have receipt.
Thanks.

Is it wired to a permanent 12V or an ignition switched 12V? It makes a difference to fault diagnosis or guessing as it is otherwise known,

I believe it’s ignition, as once turn ignition off and sync has powered off, camera stops reciev8ng power, which is what I don’t want.

So I’ve changed the slot that the fuse tap installed by Halfords was plugged into, it was originally in fuse slot 86 (Restraint system.. Manual air conditioning heater module. Passenger airbag deactivation)
I’ve now plugged into slot 88 (voltage quality module) no idea what that does but it does have permanent power to it and it didn’t have a fuse in it.
Issue now is parking mode is on but the camera doesn’t seem to power off or enter a standby, even though I’ve got auto power off enabled after 10 seconds. Have I done a stupid move? I was fed up of seeing low power warning every time I entered the car.

If its on permanently live you'll need to wait for 5 minutes of inactivity for the dash cam to turn off @RDC74656

If its on permanently live you'll need to wait for 5 minutes of inactivity for the dash cam to turn off @RDC74656
Yeah I’ve been watching it seems to be doing perfectly now, not seen a low battery warningsince I’ve done it.
Not sure yet on how many false recordings I’ve gotten though, I do know that when gps is trying to get a fix that sometimes sets off a recording as t thinks vehicle is moving when it’s not....anyway to improve gps reception or at least minimise the gps loss if it did have a fix?

Back