Front Facing Camera but Accident in Rear

mandudebreh

Reaction score
Country
United States
Hi All,

I just wanted to share a story of what happened to me. I was recently sideswiped by a driver who I think was distracted driving. She was in the lane next to me, basically in my blindspot, and as we came around then bend she drifted into my lane and sideswiped me. I had video on my dashcam (front only) that basically showed that I was in my lane when the accident happened. Still, I was afraid that she would say that I drifted into her because she was in my blindspot zone and I wasn't sure if the insurance would recognize the dashcam footage since the accident was captured directly on camera.

Today I got a called saying they accept full liability. Woohoo! I've had this cam for about a year, and it's already proven valuable. Just wanted to share this story in case anyone is in a similar situation.

Yeah, a front camera alone should be sufficient in most cases in regard to blame and insurance, it might not capture what the other part do, but it will capture what you do, and if you do nothing wrong then surely blame must be put elsewhere.
On the other hand if you are a bit geeky and bitten by a mad gadget bug, then more cameras are nice, cuz its not just crashes out there, there are near misses - crazy / funny people, and spectacular events you can share for free, or if you are that kind of person even make money on selling to media.

Great news. Do I understand correctly that the main reason the other party's insurance decided in your favor was due to your dashcam footage, or did the other driver accept responsibility from the very start?

Great news. Do I understand correctly that the main reason the other party's insurance decided in your favor was due to your dashcam footage, or did the other driver accept responsibility from the very start?
I am not entirely sure because they didn't say anything was disputed. I actually got in contact with their insurance before they did and provided the video to them. Regardless, they could've easily disputed it if I did not have the video because of a he said she said scenario.

Back