Front/rear camera and audio out of sync

ChicagoJim

Reaction score
Country
United States
I have a lightening fast gaming computer with a quality video card. When I play videos back, whether copied to my SSD or from the micro card in a USB drive, each minute of recording shows the video in front is not in sync with the rear video. At the start of the minute, they, as well as the audio are perfect. As it plays, they gradually go out of sync with the audio matching the rear camera and the front camera appearing to go into slow motion. After a minute is up and the next sequential file plays, everything is in sync and they gradually go out of sync again. Am I missing a setting? Is this a bug? Anyone else see this?

from previous reports I think there may be a problem with the frame rate, I did see someone mention front camera recordings were different to the rear ones, check the file properties of each and see what you find

They are the same. I just lowered them and saved changes. Going out shortly so will check when I get home. Thanks for suggestion.

check frame by frame on the changeover of the rear video and see if you aren't missing a frame, I think that was what was mentioned, dropping one frame per minute of video would put your videos out of sync the longer they play

Recordings are not the same. Here is screenshot of 2 recordings simple details - one from Front Camera and one from Rear (both are FHD@30).
When these files are played separately (by any external player), everything is fine, but when they are played using BV viewer, everything is out of sync.

bvlength.png

Recordings are not the same. Here is screenshot of 2 recordings simple details - one from Front Camera and one from Rear (both are FHD@30).
When these files are played separately (by any external player), everything is fine, but when they are played using BV viewer, everything is out of sync.

View attachment 38303
thanks for confirming, I remembered there was some talk about a problem with the rear files but couldn't recall the specifics

OK, So this is happening to others. I have my camera set to create 1 minute files. As the video plays, the front camera starts to record in (or plays back in) what seems like slow motion but the back camera records fine. After the BV player jumps to the next minute of video, everything is re-synced at the beginning but again, slows down toward the end. It repeats for every minute. I have not tried playing them as individual files, only in BV.

So no solutions at this point?

So no solutions at this point?
1 - use pause/play or rew/ff, then video playback is back to normal (for 10s or so only...)
2 - spam BV support with requests to fix their software

But talking seriously, I'm afraid there won't be any real solution nor fix for it. It's a business. They won't spend resources to fix something that is not related to "sales". They've made player, advertised it as a feature (good for marketing), but nobody cares if it doesn't work properly. For them it's more important to make/fix/introduce something that is good to sell, and that's where they send their limited resources.

I have this same issue with the new application, when i use the legacy application it works fine.

Back