Front to rear and rear to front

eR_TRoMPe

Reaction score
Country
Spain
Hi, I know that physically it is possible, but I would like you to tell me what inconveniences you see in using the rear camera as front and the front as rear. the rear windows of my car are tinted and I find it more discreet to put the front camera on the rear glass since it is not seen from the outside and use the rear camera that is quite discreet as a front camera.
I understand that the first drawback is that I do not have the main unit at hand to be able to configure and touch the buttons, but once configured, is it necessary to use the menu and buttons of the camera?
Thank you so much!

(Translated with google translator)

Well, the main camera module allows you to do more than just configure the menu. For example, you can press a button on the side of the camera to switch the onscreen view between the front and rear cameras which some people find very useful and there are other "on-the-fly" options available to the user that one might want easy access to such as turning off the microphone or even formatting the memory card conveniently.

Once set up and mounted, IMO there's not much reason to be fiddling around with the camera. Locking files manually can be done using the supplied remote.

If the reverse set up works for your vehicle, no harm in trying it out. The IMX291 would do a lot more good looking out a tinted rear.

I agree, if an alternative mounting scheme works for your individual requirements, why not?

On the other hand if the OP is considering the purchase of an 0906 then answering his questions about what other controls the camera provides may also be useful.

I do remember when I was testing the mini-0906, the ability to switch from front view to rear view on screen was very useful for adjusting the rear camera during set-up and occasionally useful for checking the rear camera view.

In my opinion, the benefits are not sufficient enough to always put the front camera in front. I already mounted two sets of 0906 “backwards” and I am very happy with the decision. What I would really like is for a future 1006 model to have two of the small cameras and a small unit holding “the brains” that can be hidden under a dashboard or something.

-Remote button might not work due to distant?
-Since you can’t see the screen it means you can’t see those status lights. So if there’s issue you won’t notice it
-Power cable might not be long enough

Thank you all for the answers. In regards to your answers, I am not interested in switching between rear and front camera on the screen, to see the rear of the vehicle I have a camera in reverse. Regarding the remote button, there should be no problem as it is 2.4 ghz and the power cable is not a problem for me since I have 12v continuous and 12v clausor in the trunk so i could perfectly connect the hardwire kit. with regard to 2 small cameras and an independent central unit would be a very good idea, since in my case, I prefer the discretion provided by the rear camera. The only thing that I do see is something more important is the state of the lights that indicate me if there is a problem of operation, but, since I could see it through the central rearview mirror, it is not uncomfortable either. There is only one thing that seems to me a little more important, and that I do not know what will happen, and that is that for the rear camera there is no cpl filter and therefore I do not know how the image will be with the sun in front.

Thank you all for the answers. In regards to your answers, I am not interested in switching between rear and front camera on the screen, to see the rear of the vehicle I have a camera in reverse. Regarding the remote button, there should be no problem as it is 2.4 ghz and the power cable is not a problem for me since I have 12v continuous and 12v clausor in the trunk so i could perfectly connect the hardwire kit. with regard to 2 small cameras and an independent central unit would be a very good idea, since in my case, I prefer the discretion provided by the rear camera. The only thing that I do see is something more important is the state of the lights that indicate me if there is a problem of operation, but, since I could see it through the central rearview mirror, it is not uncomfortable either. There is only one thing that seems to me a little more important, and that I do not know what will happen, and that is that for the rear camera there is no cpl filter and therefore I do not know how the image will be with the sun in front.

With a little DIY you could fit the front cam's CPL on the rear unit or use one from a different camera model.

The only thing that I do see is something more important is the state of the lights that indicate me if there is a problem of operation, but, since I could see it through the central rearview mirror.

THIS.

The only time it is difficult to see the lights is when I am wearing sunglasses, and even then, its not all the time.

Back