Frustrated beyond belief with getting Files off BlackVue

edmscan

Reaction score
Country
Canada
Dash Cam
BlackVue DR900S-2CH
I am trying to get the files off my BlackVue to my Windows 10 pc (windows viewer) as I do not want to have to pull the SD card. I have an iPhone 5 and looking for advice. Everything I can find is 3 years old.

I can get them to internal memory in the BlackVue app but unable to get them any further.

Last edited:
You have to copy the videos from the Blackvue internal memory area to your iPhone's photos/video area. Once you have it there, you can then use standard iPhone tools to get it to your Windows PC.

In the Blackvue app go to the Internal Memory section. From there you can click the menu icon in the upper right (three vertical dots) and then select Copy. After that, select the checkbox next to each video you want to copy to your iPhone and then press the Copy icon in the bottom right.

You have to copy the videos from the Blackvue internal memory area to your iPhone's photos/video area. Once you have it there, you can then use standard iPhone tools to get it to your Windows PC.

In the Blackvue app go to the Internal Memory section. From there you can click the menu icon in the upper right (three vertical dots) and then select Copy. After that, select the checkbox next to each video you want to copy to your iPhone and then press the Copy icon in the bottom right.

I did that .. and it says File Copy Complete. But when I connect my phone to my computer via USB I can see my photos, but no videos show up. It shows DCIM / 100 Apple only and normally there are photos and videos in the 100 Apple folder but maybe I am just confused but I expect to see the BlackVue video's there ?

You have to next go in the BlackVue mobile app to your internal memory and select the videos there, and choose save/export, then save them to your local camera/photos reel. Until then, they sit in an isolated area of the local memory, accessible to BlackVue only.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

You have to next go in the BlackVue mobile app to your internal memory and select the videos there, and choose save/export, then save them to your local camera/photos reel. Until then, they sit in an isolated area of the local memory, accessible to BlackVue only.

There is no save / export option in my BlackVue application.

Last edited:
Blackvue goes to great lengths to make it difficult.. what should be an easy WiFi connection to your home network gets in the way of forcing you to use their cloud..

Blackvue goes to great lengths to make it difficult.. what should be an easy WiFi connection to your home network gets in the way of forcing you to use their cloud..

My car is about 50 ft away .. and WiFi is weak and will not make it. I think that the 900S WiFi is weaker than some other models as my friend with a 650 can do it just fine. When I tested with a WiFi analyzer .. the signal was weak and dropped off very quickly.

I did that .. and it says File Copy Complete. But when I connect my phone to my computer via USB I can see my photos, but no videos show up. It shows DCIM / 100 Apple only and normally there are photos and videos in the 100 Apple folder but maybe I am just confused but I expect to see the BlackVue video's there ?

Do you see your Blackvue videos in your iPhone Photos app and Camera Roll? Once you get it there we can investigate iPhone-specific instructions for USB transfer and Blackvue is out of the picture. I usually just select and email the individual videos to myself and do without the USB cable connection step.

Do you see your Blackvue videos in your iPhone Photos app and Camera Roll? Once you get it there we can investigate iPhone-specific instructions for USB transfer and Blackvue is out of the picture. I usually just select and email the individual videos to myself and do without the USB cable connection step.

No, that is the problem .. cannot get them into the camera roll. I can get as far as the photo below but cannot get them into the camera roll.

Attachments

• IMG_0073.PNG
    IMG_0073.PNG
    94.3 KB · Views: 26
No, that is the problem .. cannot get them into the camera roll. I can get as far as the photo below but cannot get them into the camera roll.

I tried to do it again this morning and had the same difficulty. Then I realized what is doing wrong. I have you the won't instructions... It's not Copy from Internal Memory but Share File that you need to pick. The former probably just makes another copy of the video in the app's internal memory.

So:
1. Go to Blackvue WiFi and download the video from dashcam to Internal Memory.

2. Go to Blackvue Internal Memory and select the video. In the pop-up menu select Share File.

3. Now the standard iPhone airdrop target selection appears from the bottom. Choose Save Video in the bottom row.

Now your video appears in your Camera Roll and you can retrieve it normally.

I tried to do it again this morning and had the same difficulty. Then I realized what is doing wrong. I have you the won't instructions... It's not Copy from Internal Memory but Share File that you need to pick. The former probably just makes another copy of the video in the app's internal memory.

So:
1. Go to Blackvue WiFi and download the video from dashcam to Internal Memory.

2. Go to Blackvue Internal Memory and select the video. In the pop-up menu select Share File.

3. Now the standard iPhone airdrop target selection appears from the bottom. Choose Save Video in the bottom row.

Now your video appears in your Camera Roll and you can retrieve it normally.

The only issue .. I do not have the save video option.

Edit, however I did find a solution. I am able to use iCloud Drive and can upload my photos from the BlackVue app to the iCloud Drive. It is not the best solution but it works.

Last edited:
If you select a single video and choose the action button to the right of it, do you see the menu like this? I choose “Share file” and from there I can save the video to my camera roll and get it out of the “sandboxed” BlackVue local storage.

I think maybe the reason you don’t see it is perhaps it is hidden when selecting multiple files for action. Try it without selecting multiple files — try it on just one and without the tickboxes — using the “...” button on the right of an individual item.

1b1a6ae322d031935cc13e83b8a78be2.png

Last edited:
To reply to the above .. if I select a single file, the result is the same. There is no option to copy it to the camera roll. I did read that it is possible that the camera roll cannot play 4k video files, and as a result that it will not give me that option.

Re the app, I have an iPhone but I will install that on my Android just because, even though I almost never use it.

Thanks

There is no option to copy it to the camera roll. I did read that it is possible that the camera roll cannot play 4k video files, and as a result that it will not give me that option.

Ah, maybe it's because you have an iPhone 5 so the 4K file cannot be copied to your camera roll. Good catch.

But are there other options down there that will let you access the fine, e.g., email it to yourself or copy to Drive or OneDrive? These may be more convenient than waiting for your dashcam to upload to Blackvue cloud servers.
6f70b8df3a369d4979ce6233ac50605d.png

Surely all that trouble with your iThings is far more difficult/time consuming than popping out the SD card?:unsure:

Many of our customers have two SD cards.
That way you can simply swap them and review videos on the computer.
In our opinion would be the best way to review high quality videos.

Many of our customers have two SD cards.
That way you can simply swap them and review videos on the computer.
In our opinion would be the best way to review high quality videos.
Definitely the opinion of Blackvue :mad:.. the best way though would be to have a simple WiFi connection to your LAN.. and have it as easy as sharing files on that network.

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
C DR900S (1CH or 2CH) 12
Back