Frustrated with Viofo A119S

Ralph B

Reaction score
Country
United States
Recently purchased one and it has been one frustration after another. I purchased the GPS mount and hard wire kit. I have completed the installation. But here is my problem, the unit records a total of 12 minutes and stops. I have read other threads and made the changes recommended, but no luck. I have a Samsung 128gb EVO micro SD card installed. I use the program that is on Vifio web site to format it to 32FAT.
Here are my settings:
Resolution: 1080 60p
Loop: 3 minutes
Exposure: 0.0
WDR: off
Time lapse: off
Motion detection: off
GPS: on
Speed: mph
GSensor: middle
LDWS: on
FCWS: on
Date Stamp: on
GPS info: all
Camera model: on
Record audio: off
Screen saver: 1 minute
LED: on
Date/time set
Time zoneL GMT -4
Beep sound: off
Frequency: 60hz and I have tried 50hz also
Firmware: V1.2 (latest)

So, tell me what is wrong. I am getting ready to send it back. So much for all of the recommendations for this product. If it can't record any more than 12 minutes of my 90 drive each way, it is useless.

Thanks in advance for anyone who can help me solve this riddle.
Ralphb

set the card back to default values by formatting in your PC which will put it back to exFAT, test the card with h2testw, post the results if you're not sure what they mean, if the card comes up all good format it again in the PC (quick format each time is fine for this, use a card reader, don't use the camera connected to your PC to access the card), once you've done that put the card back in the camera and format in the camera, power off and on and check the recording starts up, if it's recording stop it and format one last time and then give it a try

128GB microSD cards are max for this dashcam and often cause your type of issue, jokiin's procedure is exactly the way i've solved the same issue but i skipped the PC part and let dashcam format twice but power off then remove then format 2nd time usually solves it. some 128GB cards are just not compatible.
hope it works

According to the h2testw, the memory card is defective.

Warning: Only 127961 of 127962 MByte tested.
The media is likely to be defective.
7.4 GByte OK (15670137 sectors)
117.4 GByte DATA LOST (246393991 sectors)
Details:0 KByte overwritten (0 sectors)
0 KByte slightly changed (< 8 bit/sector, 0 sectors)
117.4 GByte corrupted (246393991 sectors)
0 KByte aliased memory (0 sectors)
First error at offset: 0x00000001de36f200
Expected: 0x00000001de36f200
Found: 0x4f033d799f408688
H2testw version 1.3
Writing speed: 8.45 MByte/s
Reading speed: 13.8 MByte/s
H2testw v1.4

Apparently, I will have to get another card.

Thanks,

It's not defective as such, it's fake, it's an 8GB card with a fake file allocation table that tells the device the memory is larger than it is, the reality is the camera can't write to fake memory so it crashes

Just watched video about sd cards. I bought it through eBay. I sent in a request for refund.

Back