Frustration with INNOV and their lack of customer service

nxtaski

Reaction score
Country
United States
Hello fellow DashCam members,

I am just venting here as I have tried for several years to work with INNOV (Rock and Ellen Chen).
I agree that they seem to offer the best setup for front and rear digital camera setup, but working with a company in China that will not step up and make things right is beyond annoying. I have wasted over 40 hours of time between emails and installing-removing and reinstalling (C3 and K1). Please see the last email to them below. I am at my wits end trying to get a working system and now feel that after years of wasted time and hundreds of dollars spent, that I must start all over again...

Good day Rock and Ellen,

I am once again writing to you both.

It has been quite some time since I last attempted to contact you about my K1 unit (emails from 4-10-2017, 4-14-2017 & 4-24-2017). As I recall, you chose to ignore my multiple emails attempting to get resolution to my non-working camera microphone. In addition, you had promised to credit me for the shipping, which also never happened.

As INNOV continues to promote a digital motorcycle camera setup, I cannot help but feel abandoned by both of you and INNOV. I have been a loyal and faithful customer. There is a long list of my multiple attempts to obtain a working unit over the past few years with both the C3 and now the K1, and my many hours of time both installing, removing, reinstalling and sending emails.

I have trusted you folks to do the right thing and all I have right now is another non-working unit that last recorded last year.

“We take care of reputation and trust, and believe you do same. “

The above words were sent by you Ellen to me back on 11-20-2016, and I believed them to be true, for both you and myself.

If you were a dissatisfied customer and was waiting for a working solution, I believe that any normal person would want to hold on to some collateral, in a logical attempt to move forward, as the problems continued. I know that you have not lived up to your end of the statement above as I have tried multiple times to get resolution after returning the DVR without the courtesy of any response. You received the other DVR, and in good faith still chose to disregard all my emails to you… How different from the above words and very frustrating. However here I am pleading with you to try to obtain a working unit, of some kind. I really want to believe that you are honest and will accept the responsibility of a non-working product that you have failed to make right.

All I want is to be a satisfied customer, moving forward with a working unit that will not fail, as this unit has not been as advertised from the start. I need to have something that will turn on when I turn the key and operate correctly (with a working microphone would be great, but just to have front and back video was at least some sense of security and comfort riding around Southern California). I currently feel very naked as I have nothing that works and no support or communication with you and INNOV. This has been an exhausting process for me having to spend hours typing emails that get no response and certainly no positive feeling of ‘customer satisfaction’, with a customer who is clearly trying to be a loyal and respectful customer, in good standing.

PLEASE consider this a point of restart. I really do want to be a satisfied customer who will gladly and happily talk about and promote your INNOV products! Please reply back with a logical and satisfactory solution, as this is what any valued customer would request. Once again, I must go back to your words to me on 11-20-2016, as I believe you have not lived up to your end here. I think that it is more than reasonable to politely ask that you ship me a working unit (perhaps the new K2) or just a working K1 camera setup with a working microphone, if this was finally fixed.

I have been in customer service for over 30+ years, I am committed to getting this resolved with some win-win solution for all of my dedicated efforts, on my part here. Again, it should never be this difficult to obtain a working product, as it is your business to make a reliable camera and provide customer support for defective products.

I do look forward to your reply back Ellen and Rock, as I am fully prepared at this point to do another de-install/re-install, as I need to perform additional motorcycle maintenance as scheduled in the next few weeks.

Sincerely,

Barry Friedman

Hello no need to contact the factory for support. We here at OCD Tronic handle IINNOVV support for Amazon and OCD Tronic customers. Even if you bought it shipped from China give us a call and w can help coordinate. 775-319-6222.
-Jon
OCD Tronic.

History and more info on K1 vs K2 (totally different factories and platforms, new engineers)

https://dashcamtalk.com/forum/threa...amera-mount-and-dvr-housing.33980/post-402582

Last edited:
They probably didn't read your email cause it's too long. Especially for someone whose first language isn't English. Emails should be short and concise.

Not too long, and write politely, such email really help company to improve the service and product.

I am a new member here. Thank you for allowing me to join your forum.

I share your frustration. I purchased a K2 on the 5th of September. During installation, I discovered that the threaded waterproof connectors between the DVR and the Power Converter and GPS Antenna would not tighten. I contacted INNOVV. I was told by by Ms. Zhang that this was a known problem that would be corrected in future production. She also said that I should just use the connections partially secured. It was her opinion that they would be waterproof, remain secure, and maintain electrical connection. I challenged her opinion and heard next from Mr. Liu who offered as part of the solution to send me a replacement wire so that I could open the DVR, remove the existing wire and install the replacement. Jon of OCD has gratiously offered to assist, but I am concerned that involving a third party to do the repairs might create other problems. Discussions by email continue. At this point, my preference is that INNOVV accept the K2 and refund my purchase amount. I will probably purchase another one after all the bugs are gone, but for now, I do not want to be an extended beta tester,

Last edited:
Don’t worry even though you ordered direct from China and didn’t order from OCD Tronic, I’ll still take care of this unexpected new product launch adjustment. I’ve been friends with Rock (the owner of INNOVV) for years. We want to get things in track ASAP. You won’t need to ship anything to China. My office is in Carson City Nevada. Rock is out of the office until Monday so I’m still waiting to hear back from him to form the action plan which will involve them sending us the updated parts first. We are all in touch via email already so I’ll let you know the plan once Rock is available.
-Jon
OCD Tronic

Ms. Zhang said that they knew about this problem when they shipped the K2. I lost all faith in INNOVV when I discovered they shipped me a system with know defects then said to use it as is. At that time no offer was made to receive the system for repair. My concern is this. If after repair of this problem there is another problem, Will I be blamed for the problem because I installed the system? Jon be blamed because he opened the DVR and repaired it? Or will INNOVV be at fault because it was defective at manufacture? Who gets the blame and how is it settled? I just want to be clear of INNOVV until they get their production problems solved and the bugs worked out. I could ship you the K2. If you are their USA agent, you can tell INNOV that it is in your possession, then they can issue a refund.

SOLVED! Innovv K2 Connectors Quick and Easy Fix (Click HERE)

Thanks Niko

So yes, Niko (who handles INNOVV sales in the EU) just made that K2 work around video. It looks easy enough for a quick fix.

@WPV
Again I’m happy to help repair and replace the cable once the new parts arrive at our office. There is no need to worry as a global team effort we’ll take care of you please don’t panic. It doesn’t matter if you didn’t buy it from us. Rock will compensate us for this special new launch situation no problem. It’s too difficult to ship products back to China as well.

We will propose packaging department screws in / tighten all connectors before shipping so they dont turn turn oblong during transit.

Reality is, that because it's waterproof, the material does need to be a little bit pliable. It can easily happen when not pre-assembled.

@WPV

Thanks for the email update. I’m glad to hear the fix from @niko worked for you and all is well with your new K2.

New here my self. Thanks for allowing me to join.
I am very interested in buying the K-2 but will not do so until I've seen enough reviews to convince me this is a good unit and free of defects/problems.
So far there are hardly any reviews out there that are not some how connected with INNOVV. I would have thought by now there would be some showing up but nota.
Are these things not selling well?

New here my self. Thanks for allowing me to join.
I am very interested in buying the K-2 but will not do so until I've seen enough reviews to convince me this is a good unit and free of defects/problems.
So far there are hardly any reviews out there that are not some how connected with INNOVV. I would have thought by now there would be some showing up but nota.
Are these things not selling well?

We just received our initial stock a few days ago. It’s a brand new product. We’ll be exhibiting at the AIM Expo in Las Vegas this October. (Official INNOVV booth)
https://aimexpousa.com/

Beyond the connector being too tight (easily fixed) the over all DVR system is very stable. Rock put a lot of effort into this new DVR development. OCD Tronic has a 30 day return policy and 1 year no hassle warranty.

Yeah it is indeed a new and improved Innovv we see nowadays, glad "Rock" have been rubbing shoulders with the right people.

Would these be considered inferior?

s-l1600.jpg

What a brilliant, well made video. Demonstrates everything the needs demonstrating and explains every that one could wish explained..

Back