full 1080HD quality cams START at $39.99 chriscarcam, google us or search for our store on EBAY

Can I buy a dash cam that works, is reliable, has superior quality video, and is easy to use for les

• Why ar'ent they listed on this website?? (may have to email the webmaster for that one)

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Please tell me how to get my hands on one !!

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

chriscarcam

Retailer
Reaction score
Country
United States
Dash Cam
D9, 198, F900LHD, chriscarcam Pro Series
1080p in the top left corner. 720p in the bottom right. What will it be? Looks like a dvr-xx7 clone.

nice toy for 3y old kiddo ;)

1080p in the top left corner. 720p in the bottom right. What will it be? Looks like a dvr-xx7 clone.
Nice catch. Under 1080P it also says Ready.
Maybe it comes default set in "720P" and you have to change it to "1080P"
If nothing else I like the this box more then the other boring clone boxes there is a Citroen on it. :)

C'mon man, your kidding me , right! o_OYou mean you have a cam that has 1920 x 1080 resolution
but has no setting for 1280 x 720 ? How much did you pay?? The chriscarcam198 has both settings,
as well as a functional HDMI output jack. There are many design copies of this model, with all sorts
of crazy model numbers and prices, but it's the internals that count!
The proof is in the crystal clear video, search chriscarcam on youtube. :D

If its an original 027, then it has a OK video quality, but I never saw re-sellers having such a low price for original 027 model.
Can you share RAW ( original ) video files day, night, evening , because I didnt found any raw files from you website.
Thanks.

I own one of these, identical. Same blue box. It's a crap! Stay away from it! I bought it from chinese Dragon market (en-gros) from Bucarest (city capital of Romania), for about 30 euros. It's a Sunplus solution unit and I believe that even 720 p it's interpolated, no way for 1080p. Framerate, only 20 fps, though 30 fps are reported. Very poor quality videos even in daylight, awfull in the dark. In fact, in dark you'll see only car lights, nothing more.

Video sample taken with this toy:

A picture just taken with this FAKE camera. Excuse the quality, it was taken using the phone.

Last edited:
Without original box, just packed into brown small box, cheapest I ever bought one of those was 13.5usd including signed for delivery ;)
But for this money it is OK price to play around.

search chriscarcam on youtube.

The P5000 model has the dreaded lower corner green time stamping like many DVR-027 clones. Your eBay listing also mentions DVR 198 witch is the model number eBay and AliExpress sellers have used for the SD knock off version of the device.

The F900LHD looks a little like a DOD F500LHD even though i seen your auction states that it is not a DOD device. The sample video on YouTube shows a yellow time stamp. I have seen the timestamp before, but can not recall on what model

I only skimmed listings and videos, but there is no mention of what brand and model chip or firmware.

For only 12 more dollars I could get something tried tested and well reviewed in the G1W.

I'm not against more people selling DashCams especially USA sellers. The more people that can get a hold of good quality cameras and protect themselves on roads that are becoming more and more dangerous is a good thing.

What sucks though is there is a lot of misinformation going around. I have been burned by one of these SD 198s back before I knew anything. The hassle and headache of trying to figure out how to get a decent device before finding a site like this is crazy. I would never want to see someone get stuck with one of these poorly preforming devices.

There were even more crap and cheaper fakes of dvr-xx7. There was one with only 720p wrote on the box, but it only recorded 480p. The quality were awfull even on its LCD. Big macroblocks of encoding could be seen...

You mean you have a cam that has 1920 x 1080 resolution
but has no setting for 1280 x 720 ? How much did you pay?? The chriscarcam198 has both settings

I would personally never turn my resolution down so a camera that only shot it 1080P would not be an issue for me. However I could see how some users who may want to capture more footage might want to turn the quality settings down.

Never the less I was just pointing out the wording seemed funny to me "HD 1080P Ready" I remember a few years ago when a few Blu Ray players came out and used the term "WiFi Ready" witch meant that you had to buy an adapter for WiFi to work.
Where as my G1W box said Full HD 1080P and this box claims Full HD 720P but is HD Ready.

Does your piece of crap look like this? DSCN4851.JPG

The easiest way to see how good / bad is any dash cam is by looking and inspecting a RAW video files.
Can you share them here ? Night city lights traffic, pitch dark, sunny day, cloudy day.

If its an original 027, then it has a OK video quality, but I never saw re-sellers having such a low price for original 027 model.
Can you share RAW ( original ) video files day, night, evening , because I didnt found any raw files from you website.
Thanks.

Niko,
I am a new member, tried to upload a raw file, but does not give me the option to upload in .avi format.:(
When I put it in a zip file, it tells me the file is too large, it's a minute and a half long.
Can you advise? By the way, the videos on youtube have not been altered in any way,
they are actual footage from the cams. If this is not the quality you get from this cam,
it comes with a 14 day money back guarantee....I have NEVER had a complaint or return
of this model. That say's ALOT:D

ursamajor,
the video you posted that is 720P does not look that bad. You paid
30 euros and were unhappy with that video? Your menu shows a FHD
option, why film in 720P? Your so emphattic about it being crap, your
post make no sense. I've sampled alot of dash cams, and if you were unhappy
with the 720P video you posted, there's probably no making you happy.
The video was clear, was able to read things, little jerky, color was a bit off,
but for 30 euros, I was impressed!

With 30 euros I would better have bought a cheap phone and use its camera to take videos or pics. That camera is a fake, man. It produces creepy videos, because they are INTERPOLATED, so the specifications are untrue, false, lying. Not to mention the framerate, which isn't at all 30 fps. And in low light it's ZERO! Look why it doesn't deserve neither 10 euros.

PS: I'm not at all emphatic, I just want to prevent the others to make the same mistake I made. If I would have signed up earlier on this forum, I would have prevented such of stupidity.

Last edited:
I will be uploading raw video in the days to come. Please bear with us.

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
Rafa United States 0
Back