Full screen preview on the Xiaomi app??

Lorenzo88

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hello guys,

As a multirotor guy, i often have the need to see what the camera up in the air is recording in order to compose my shots and thats where the xiaomi app become in handy.

The issue is that im able to see the preview on my app only on a tiny window and even if a tilt my phone the app doesnt flip....is there a way to do that and get the preview in full screen??

how come nobody knows if it is dooable or not??

VLC will do, you should minimize the xiaoyi app, and switch to VLC, enter rtsp://192.168.42.1:554/live to preview in full screen.

VLC will do, you should minimize the xiaoyi app, and switch to VLC, enter rtsp://192.168.42.1:554/live to preview in full screen.
Hey thanks for your reply,

I tried this method with 2 different phones but what i get is a black screen in vlc.

Thats what i do:
1 start the xiaomi app
2 start recording
3 minimize xiaomi app
4 start vlc and write down the ip address
5 view black screen

What am i doing wrong?

Thanks,
Lorenzo

... what i get is a black screen in vlc.
I found that with steps 1 - 3 done on my phone, I could then use my tablet for full screen preview reception. The steps for the tablet are: connect the tablet to the Yi wifi; open your streaming receiver (I'm using MX Player); input the rtsp address; picture appears.

I found that with steps 1 - 3 done on my phone, I could then use my tablet for full screen preview reception. The steps for the tablet are: connect the tablet to the Yi wifi; open your streaming receiver (I'm using MX Player); input the rtsp address; picture appears.
Oh seems to be working with MX player but there's a huge delay!! The live video from the xiaomi app has almost no delay and thats what i need!!
Seems like a mission impossible for me :(

I tried in VLC on my iPad. It's works but there's a drastic delayed, around 15 second. :(

Or you can try app called wetrip lite. This app allowed you to view in horizontal .

Back