fully functional dashcam app for Android ??.....

jomanjee

Reaction score
Country
United Arab Emirates
I have downloaded several including AutoBoy, but none of them seem to have all the functions of a dash cam including motion detection (and save pics/video on phone), also which is the most power efficient dashcam app ?... i want to leave my phone running while in parking mode without draining my phone battery too quickly...

thanks,,,

Phones generally make poor dashcams as the field of view is small and they are rarely mounted high enough to see past any vehicle directly ahead. They're not designed to handle the heat of constant recording anyway. Best to use tools designed for the purpose they're being put to instead of trying to adapt an inferior tool to an unintended use.

Phil

i agree with SawMaster and for many reasons. Do not use a phone, especially for parking mode, your car will get broken into and phone stolen in not time. you'll also need a proper mount, which already cuts into the cost savings from just buying a cam.

you can get quick decent cams from under 150 bucks.

i found this for you https://www.xenonpro.com/dash-cams-vs-smartphones

you forget to notice he is in UAE, you do not want to steal there or at least not get caught for that, cuz then its chop chop and suddenly you are some essential body parts short.
A thing that may sound barbaric to some people but never the less a setup i wish we Danes had here,,, i know for sure had we had a rule like that here when i was a teen, those 5-6 years i had as a criminal parasite would never had been.
Capitol punishment should be expanded on IMO, no need not to with the explosion of people on earth.

But yeah i agree, UAE are no place for phone recording in the windscreen, or cheap ass dashcams. in regard to heat the enviorment dont get tougher than down there.

Last edited:
you forget to notice he is in UAE, you do not want to steal there or at least not get caught for that, cuz then its chop chop and suddenly you are some essential body parts short.
A thing that may sound barbaric to some people but never the less a setup i wish we Danes had here,,, i know for sure had we had a rule like that here when i was a teen, those 5-6 years i had as a criminal parasite would never had been.
Capitol punishment should be expanded on IMO, no need not to with the explosion of people on earth.

But yeah i agree, UAE are no place for phone recording in the windscreen, or cheap ass dashcams. in regard to heat the enviorment dont get tougher than down there.
a bit rough but i get your point :p good call on the heat, it will melt your phone lmao

Back