Fusar Mohawk

looks okay for a on helmet cam

Features and functionality aside, I really like the way this camera is integrated into the helmet shape. A good example of form following function.

On second thought, I hope this thing is aim-able. From the photo it looks as if it could easily end up pointing too low, depending on how the rider is facing the road ahead of him. It seems to need some flexibility for this.

fusar.png

On second thought, I hope this thing is aim-able. From the photo it looks as if it could easily end up pointing too low, depending on how the rider is facing the road ahead of him. It seems to need some flexibility for this.

View attachment 20434
One of the camera's features is the ability to rotate the sensor/lens assembly 90º to each side but the roundish base of the lens barrel may indicate that it can also be adjusted vertically and/or horizontally. In the 3rd picture it seems like the lens is tilted a bit upwards but it might be only an optical illusion.

Last edited:
looks okay for a on helmet cam
One thing that intrigues me is that shock absorber between the mounting plate and the camera. It's easy to understand that it's purpose is to push the camera down against the helmet, since it's not directly attached to the mounting, but there may be something more than just that. Or not. :)

One of the camera's features is the ability to rotate the sensor/lens assembly 90º to each side but the roundish base of the lens barrel may indicate that it can also be adjusted vertically and/or horizontally. In the 3rd picture it seems like the lens is tilted a bit upwards but it might be only an optical illusion.

It's hard to tell from the photos if it can be aimed up or down but it wouldn't surprise me if that were the case. It looks is if someone put a great deal of time and effort into designing this camera so I imagine they would have thought about something as obvious as where the lens is pointed.

I would think it would come down to how far forward or back on the helmet it was mounted to find the ideal location, the mount location would want to be different depending on the type of bike you ride, sports bike, cruiser, dirtbike etc, would guess a bit of trial and error to get that right initially

Edit: the difference in mount locations between their picture and the Mobius highlights that well

I would think it would come down to how far forward or back on the helmet it was mounted to find the ideal location, the mount location would want to be different depending on the type of bike you ride, sports bike, cruiser, dirtbike etc, would guess a bit of trial and error to get that right initially

Edit: the difference in mount locations between their picture and the Mobius highlights that well

Yeah, I agree. And it would be a question of helmet style and design as well. So I think aim-ability seems like it might be a key requirement.

it looks at though the lens is in a fixed position, would be a lot more flexible if there was some kind of adjustability to it as I could easily see people sticking these on then going for a ride and realising it's pointing at the ground most of the time

I assume you have to install camera on the helmet in accordance to your driving style and the motorcycle you ride.

There is a world between the riding position on a crotch rocket and then a Harley with apehanger handlebars.

I assume you have to install camera on the helmet in accordance to your driving style and the motorcycle you ride.

There is a world between the riding position on a crotch rocket and then a Harley with apehanger handlebars.

I also made the assumption this was purely a motorcycle helmet camera when I first saw this but now that I've looked more carefully they intend this product for any sport or activity that requires a helmet. There would be many different activity styles, body orientations and helmet designs that this camera would need to accommodate.

But even on a crotch rocket the rider isn't always tucked in behind the bubble (I'm speeking from experience) and when they are they still have to be looking straight ahead, so I think @jokiin might be right. It seems the camera is design to be placed on the helmet to "see" what the rider is seeing, not to be pointing at one place when the rider is looking somewhere else.

yep, allso noticed the lens is able to be turned so it can go on the side if you want to, but i have not been able to find anything about the mounting of it, but i figure they thought about that too.

I think maybe it come with a semi sticky pad for dialing it in on your helmet, and then you replace that with the strong mount when you are sure.

True you cant drive a crotch rocket and beeing down on the tank all the time, that driving position would make any longer ride a pain i am sure.

I think there might be some small compromises to be made, TT racers are allmost upright when they brake for a corner, and then dive down onto the tank, so down there how far back do they bend ther neck to be able to see forward.
I think some mingh not bend neck back that much but rather look up with the eyes instead to see forward.

Must be a very individual thing, but with a wide angle lens it cant be that bad to get it where you like it.

I was just thinking it would be really cool if they outfitted an entire football team (American football) with these cams on their helmets and then put together a film based on all the player's experiences during a game. It could be a unique promotional thing for this company too.

Last edited:
Certainly looks nicer than GoPose.
But crash detection? For bikers? Seriously?

True you cant drive a crotch rocket and beeing down on the tank all the time, that driving position would make any longer ride a pain i am sure.

I think there might be some small compromises to be made, TT racers are allmost upright when they brake for a corner, and then dive down onto the tank, so down there how far back do they bend ther neck to be able to see forward.
I think some mingh not bend neck back that much but rather look up with the eyes instead to see forward.

Must be a very individual thing, but with a wide angle lens it cant be that bad to get it where you like it.
Anyway, that wasn't probably what they had in mind.

Back