Fuse rating

lousk

Reaction score
Hi,
My F77o Thinkware suddenly stopped working (died) after 3 months of use. I hate it because it hardly gives me RLC locations.

The other day I decided to check the fuse inside the cigarette lighter plug if it was blown . Unfortunately it flew away and lost it - couldn't find it. Would someone be able to provide me the correct specs for the fuse, like how many amps, volt, etc.

Thanks.

Not certain of the F770 specs, but generally a dashcam PS works fine and is adequately protected with a 5A fuse and even as low as a 2A might work. Never over-fuse! With glass fuses be sure to get the right length. Fuses rarely blow without a reason however being a mass-produced item that does occur once in awhile. If you don't get a more definitive answer from a F770 owner just use a 5A and you'll be OK ;)

Phil

Hi,
My F77o Thinkware suddenly stopped working (died) after 3 months of use. I hate it because it hardly gives me RLC locations.

The other day I decided to check the fuse inside the cigarette lighter plug if it was blown . Unfortunately it flew away and lost it - couldn't find it. Would someone be able to provide me the correct specs for the fuse, like how many amps, volt, etc.

Thanks.
Thank you for your response. In the event that the unit is HW malfunctioning (now that it died shortly after 3-month of usage) I hate to over rate the fuse's amperage. I have posted the same question on Thinkware FB page, I still have not gotten a reply yet.

Being honest im not sure the default value they come with however i know for a fact that the unit never uses more than 0.5amps (generally about 0.3amps) so i would go with a 2amp that will be fine!

Are you referring to the glass fuse in the tip of the male cigarette plug?
I believe those are 6mm x 30mm fuses
The exact writing on the one I have in front of me is F2AL250V

Voltage numbers on this type of fuse is irrelevant as long as you do not exceed them. The amperage that the fuse will carry is otherwise independent of the voltage.

Phil

Back