Fuse Selection - Lost

NW4251

Reaction score
Country
United States
I have a 2018 Subaru Impreza Premium and I am going to be hardwiring my A119 into the car. I was able to find a fuse tap and wiring kit, but I am lost on which fuse to use for the actual hardwiring. I looked up a wiring diagram (https://www.autogenius.info/subaru-impreza-2017-fuse-box-diagram/) and made sure it was accurate, but I am scared to accidently tap the wrong fuse!

Can anyone provide some guidance on which fuse I should use? I was thinking of using Fuse #9 (7.5 amps, 'ACC') or Fuse #7 (15 amps, '12V SOCKET'). For reference, I want to still be able to fast-charge my phone while driving!

Thanks!!

Maybe:
220CIGAR SEAT/H

I would avoid the 7.5A fuse, the camera will not take more than 0.5A, but there is still more chance of an overload than with one of the bigger fuses and I'm not sure what ACC includes, while if you blow the seat heater fuse then it will not be a disaster.

It should be easy to fit the fuse tap, just make sure you don't short anything out while fitting it and secure the loose cables so that they can't get cut by sharp metal edges. And if there is a fuse extraction tool included in the fuse box as there often is then use it.

Maybe:
220CIGAR SEAT/H
I would avoid the 7.5A fuse, the camera will not take more than 0.5A, but there is still more chance of an overload than with one of the bigger fuses and I'm not sure what ACC includes, while if you blow the seat heater fuse then it will not be a disaster.

It should be easy to fit the fuse tap, just make sure you don't short anything out while fitting it and secure the loose cables so that they can't get cut by sharp metal edges. And if there is a fuse extraction tool included in the fuse box as there often is then use it.

Ah okay. What can I look for to see if the seat warmer/cigarette lighter circuit (fuse#2) is not providing enough power? Anything oher than the camera powering off?

Ah okay. What can I look for to see if the seat warmer/cigarette lighter circuit (fuse#2) is not providing enough power? Anything oher than the camera powering off?
With 20A available there is no need to worry, but after fitting the camera and turning it on, you can test by turning on the seat heaters and lighting a cigarette, if there is a problem then the fuse will blow and you will know that that circuit was no good.

With 20A available there is no need to worry, but after fitting the camera and turning it on, you can test by turning on the seat heaters and lighting a cigarette, if there is a problem then the fuse will blow and you will know that that circuit was no good.

Awesome! I don't have a cigarette lighter (just the 2x 12v ports) so I'm hoping it's just the heated seats!

Thanks for all your help!

Back