Fuse Tap Confusion! + Mem Card issue.

Old shippo

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi everyone. First post, so go gentle :)

Ok. I managed to hard-wire the camera into the wife's car easily enough. It comes on when the ignition is switched on, and turns off when the ignition is turned off. Great, however, re the fuse tap. I see on the instructions that you have to piggyback the removed fuse into the fuse tap, but the removed fuse doesn't fit! It's wide enough, but the silver prongs aren't long enough to slide in!

Am I getting confused here? does the removed fuse have to go back? I'm only saying that because as you know the fuse tap comes with a fuse in it. WIl this one fuse run the camera and whatever fuse I removed? By the way - the car is a 66 plate Honda Jazz.

As for the memory card. Reading up on the camera and what type of card it needs prior to purchase. I bought a Samsung 64GB micro SD card U3. As soon as I fired up the webcam I got the error "SD card is less than U3, Please replace SD Card" !!!!!

On googling the particular error, it seem this issue is all to do with the modular rear plug-in camera. I went outside to the car and unplugged the rear camera and bingo, the main camera works fine!

Just a thought before I go. I wonder if reducing the resolution to 1080p would get rid of the "SD card is less than U3, Please replace SD Card"

Any suggestions would be very much appreciated.

Thank you.

Re the fuse tap. It sounds like you have the one for mini fuses and your car takes micro fuses.
I suspect it's about time @NextBase Support included a micro fuse tap.
I suspect from your description, THIS is the type that you have and THIS is the type you need.
I have not looked for the cheapest, just the first hit to show you what I mean.

RE SD cards. High Endurance are the ones to go for. Also from where did you buy your card. There are a lot of nice people who sell fakes around.

Thank you. Seeing as it's all working (power up and down wise) I'll just buy the odd single fuse for the fuse tap that's in and working.

I purchased the card from Fleabay. You get what you pay for it seems. It looks absolutely authentic. Class 10, SDXC, U3 etc etc. Ah well. Looks like Nextbase have forced my hand into buying of their cards.

There are several SD card testers available that test for speed and capacity.
SpeedOut and H2Test are a couple that spring to mind.
SpeedOut from HERE
H2Test from HERE

Hi everyone. First post, so go gentle :)

Ok. I managed to hard-wire the camera into the wife's car easily enough. It comes on when the ignition is switched on, and turns off when the ignition is turned off. Great, however, re the fuse tap. I see on the instructions that you have to piggyback the removed fuse into the fuse tap, but the removed fuse doesn't fit! It's wide enough, but the silver prongs aren't long enough to slide in!

Am I getting confused here? does the removed fuse have to go back? I'm only saying that because as you know the fuse tap comes with a fuse in it. WIl this one fuse run the camera and whatever fuse I removed? By the way - the car is a 66 plate Honda Jazz.

As for the memory card. Reading up on the camera and what type of card it needs prior to purchase. I bought a Samsung 64GB micro SD card U3. As soon as I fired up the webcam I got the error "SD card is less than U3, Please replace SD Card" !!!!!

On googling the particular error, it seem this issue is all to do with the modular rear plug-in camera. I went outside to the car and unplugged the rear camera and bingo, the main camera works fine!

Just a thought before I go. I wonder if reducing the resolution to 1080p would get rid of the "SD card is less than U3, Please replace SD Card"

Any suggestions would be very much appreciated.

Thank you.
Hi there,

Thanks for your comments.

R.E. your fuses, @M8TJT is spot on. Please contact me directly with your name and address and I'll send a Low Profile Mini Fuse tap in the post, free of charge.

R.E. The SD card. Unfortunately Samsung do not make a Dash Cam compatible U3 SD card. The Samung Evos have their warranty voided if used in a Dash Cam. The same is said for all Sandisk SD cards bar the High Endurance. The warranty information/compatibility can be found on their websites; https://shop.westerndigital.com/en-gb/warranty
We do produce our own SD cards that are designed to fully function with Dash Cams, however any Dash Cam compatible U3 SD card should work.

I hope this helps,
Millie- Nextbase

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
D 522GW 6
Back